Dr. John Bates MD Patient Reviews

April 12th, 2011
Didn't get to see the doctor -- 15 mintues late.
My great granddaughter had an appt with Dr. Bates office in Union City today at 4:00. My granddaughter (the mother) had been sick all day so I drove them to Union City from Newbern for the appt. We called along the way to let them know we'd be late. We thought about 5 minutes, but it ended up being 15 minutes because the office was further out than I thought and there was a lot of traffic. We arrived at 4:15 and they turned us away and would not see us. They said we'd have to reschedule and come back. With gas prices being what they are, they would not see us after driving 35 minutes. I'm very upset with this office and my granddaughter will not be taking the baby back there again. The last time we were there, we waited on the doctor 45 minutes or more, but after 15 minutes we have to reschedule. My time is just as valuable as theirs. Not only that but the lady at the front desk was ugly to us. She didn't say I'm sorry, or anything. No wonder the medical field has gotten the reputation it has. We're also going to let the insurance company know how we were treated.

July 26th, 2009
Dr. Bates is fabulous with my girls at both sick and well visits. I love how comfortable he makes them feel and how he actually takes time to listen to my questions and concerns.

March 14th, 2009
Great Doctor!!!
I switched to Dr Bates when I met him at the hospital after delivering my 3rd child. He was filling in for my doctor. After he left the room, my husband and I immediatly looked at eachother and said both said "we need to switch to this guy". He is very smart, very friendly, and funny. All 3 of my kids love him. So much better than any of the other doctors in the area. When I first started going there, the wait times were non-existant, but since others have started to hear about him, the wait times have gotten longer and longer. It is still better than Martin Pediatrics, even on work-in appointments. He always recognizes this and apologizes if I have had to wait, and takes his time to really focus on my kids when we are there. I just wish I could find an office like this for adults...

October 21st, 2008
Recommend his all the time
We have been with Dr. Bates since his 2nd day of practice. He is very knowledgable-and personable. Great with kids-very down to earth and normal. He serves to assist parents in raising a healthy, happy child-and doesn't try to blindly tell you what to do-he recognizes that every child is different.I recommend him to all my friends and aquaitances-we trust him and enjoy the help he provides.