Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
HORRIBLE show details HORRIBLE
Nov 16th, 2014

I was referred to dr berry by another doctor. My original doctor stated that I needed surgery but dr berry didn't think so. I refuse to take that as a dx. He kept saying I don't know this and that. He wasn't professional at all, nor was his office staff. They treated me differently because of my condition or my possibly the way I look. I requested to see a different doctor, I would not suggest him to my worst enemies. I am having low back pain with numbers or sometimes shooting pain down my legs.

Sep 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very to the point. He took some time to get to me, but spent a lot of quality time with me when it was my turn. He does not rush his patients and answers all their questions. I felt like he was listening to me and took my concerns seriously.

Sep 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I read a lot of negative reviews about Dr. Berry before I went to see him so I did my own. My visit to him was excellent! He is the doctor to visit if you want a listener and a on point diagnosis. He takes the time to listen to his patients.

Sep 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Berry provided good service. His office staff, however, is another story. He ordered tests ASAP and the office staff took almost a week to get them ordered, and that was with me calling and bugging them every day. They had no sense of urgency.

Jul 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was very well pleased with the service.Dr.Berry made sure that I was well informed concerning my treatment and all proceedures.

Jul 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

After waiting almost 2 hours, Dr. Berry came in ask me a ouple of past history questions, performed 3 agility and sensation test and scheduled me for an additional MRI. Almost a month later, I returned to a Dr. that acted like he had never seen me before

Jul 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Its been a week since I saw the dr. He orderef testings and no has called me to schedule it. I'm so soory my dr stuff is so so...most likely I will use the hospital emergency room in order to get my ct scan done. My dr. Is good but not his stuff.

Jul 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Berry is very good as a Neurosurgeon. I am very concern about the return of the severe pain which is debilitating.. On 07/14/14 another MRI was needed but hasn't been requested. Therefore, I am suffering severe pain and can't get myFMLA forms complete

Jul 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I never get nothing from this doc.

Jun 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I went for problems with my entire back, he looked at my neck told me I was fine but to go to physical therapy (if it's fine, why do I need physical therapy). He didn't answer when I asked about the rest of my back and he just blew me off.

May 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was very impressed by Dr. Berry professionalism, his kindness, his genuine concern and his patience in explaining everything about my condition. I left his clinic with good feeling and the thought that I would in good hand. His assistant was too.

May 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The doctor is never on time for his appointments, always an excuse, we had to wait more than an one for every doctors appointment

May 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Other then having to call every single day for over a week to get an appointment, and keep getting told that someone would call me back and no one ever would. Finally my husband stood up and told them no that they needed to schedule me NOW, and They did.

May 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

all I can say is, ive been to too other surgens that weren't interested in helping me, but dr beery thinks he can help me.

May 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The doctor and staff make you feel important and not that your just a number. Thank you all for all your hard work

Apr 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I thought the nurses in Dr. Berry'a office were friendly and professional. Dr. Berry was in the room shortly after I was called back. He introduced himself and went right to work. Evaluated my case and was very thorough and professional.

Apr 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Berry is a great doctor. I knew once I saw him everything would be ok.

Apr 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was a little disappointed that the records I had sent @ 3 weeks before the appointment were not given to the doctor even though the hospital who sent them confirmed that they had been received and offered a time and name of the person receiving them.

Apr 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr berry was pk. The staff did not follow up. Took two weeks and still havent heard from physical therapy center for appointment. Called office repeatably with no results.

Apr 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He was Great, hope we find my problem because I'm tired of goin to bed w/a heating pad & medication

Apr 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very happy with the Dr. for the surgery I am having... Still have questions about alternatives to the surgery... questions about the hospital and some of their crazy rules based on legal issues - not truth and logic... so it is...

Mar 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I recently had a major surgery and just recently started to experience some pain that I never had before. When asking about the pain and how long it would last, I felt like I was a bother and Dr. Berry was a little short with me.

Mar 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This was my first visit to to see Dr Berry. Although it took a really long time see him my visit was positive. I was originally scheduled for an appr for 3-6-14 and wad moved to 3-20-14. I made a phone call to schedule on 2-28-14. He listens

Mar 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He was 2 hours late to my appointment. And he was not in town for my first appointment and did not notifie me. When i finally seen him he was in a hurry

Feb 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

my first time, ok so far.....

Feb 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Won't know for another week or so if surgery was completely successful or not. Still having some concerning symptoms. Scheduling process was very good. Would have liked more interaction from Dr. Berry after surgery to answer questions & check progress.

Feb 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Berry is straight to the point but I like that about him. He is concerned about me and I trust his recommendations.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
lamonecty surgery show details lamonecty surgery
Feb 6th, 2014

please check other neruosurgen.dr has no compassion. i was walking good ,and everyday normal thing. the only problem constand back pain. would take pain meds but wanted to stop taking pain meds that is why i decided to have back surgery to eliminate taking pain meds.now i take twice the amount of pain meds and have a dop foot, have to wear special brace and shoes. after surgery had musle pain for about 30 days dr went on vacation could not locate.had another mri done after surgery/ dr said everything is ok. drop foot is not ok. i hope god forgives him.im trying.

Jan 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Facing possible neck surgery, I was anxious.I was immediately put at ease by Dr. Berry. He reassured me the symptoms I was experiencing were normal. He was very thorough with my exam. He appreciated my concern to not rush in to surgery. Peace of mind.

Jan 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

While I believe Dr Berry is an excellent surgeon, his bedside manor is nearly non existent. If you need your doctor to hold your hand and be your friend; look elseware. That being said, He has done 3 surgeries on me. All with excellent results.

Jan 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was not told when making my appointment that New Patient forms could be printed ahead from the internet and completed before the appointment. This made my time waiting almost 1 hr past my appointment time.

Jan 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was a new patient and the wait time to see the doctor was too long.

Jan 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Rita and Dr. Berry completely went out of their way to help us in every way, from finding their building to fighting with the insurance company. They are some team! Wonder, incredible people. Thanks for all you are trying to do.

Jan 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I had complications from spinal surgery performed by Dr. B. Dr. B communicates vaguely and doesn't answer my specific questions/concerns. Dr. B tried to "pass" me to another doctor, who in turn, did not want to treat me either.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Cannot diagnose Chiari Malformation show details Cannot diagnose Chiari Malformation
Mar 27th, 2013

I went to see Dr Berry because he was located at The Houston Medical Center, which I have found to be a big disappointment! I moved back to Texas from LA and had been diagnosed with a brain disorder called Chiari Malformation. I brought my films from California with me and when Dr Berry looked at them, he asked if I had ever heard the diagnosis Chiari? He said that I would have to repeat the brain MRI with "his" radiologist and if "his" radiologist said I had Chiari, then I did; if not, then I didn't. He was so arrogant and my head was about to explode from a headache! I went through Dr Berry's exercise of paying for ANOTHER brain MRI with HIS radiologist in The Woodlands and then driving back to Houston, 200 miles. The old rule for Chiari was, if the cerebral tonsils herniated 5mm below the foramen magnum, it was Chiari; the new rule was any herniation below the foramen magnum and mine was 3mm. The radiologist was not up-to-date on the new rules! He said no Chiari. When I went back to Dr Berry, I spent only seconds with him, again, with a splitting headache! Long enough for him to say, "my radiologist says no Chiari, so you don't have Chiari! You have a headache! Get over it!" And walked out the door! Well, Dr Berry, if you read this, you and your radiologist were dead wrong! 4 months after seeing you, I almost lost my life to Chiari because of your mis-diagnosis! I had emergency brain surgery at The Chiari Institute in New York by some REAL brain surgeons who said I had very little fluid left around my brainstem. I'm glad you mis-diagnosed me as I got to the RIGHT doctors! Perhaps you and your radiologist should attend continuing education classes about Chiari and its related disorders. Read about Chiari Zero. I've found that Houston Medical Center is no big deal. I go out of state for my medical care! You are an arrogant doctor who should be held accountable for your mistakes! The first thing you should do is improve your attitude towards patients! You are NOT GOD. I make sure anyone with CHIARI in Texas knows my experience with you!

I would not recommend Dr. John Berry to anyone show details I would not recommend Dr. John Berry to anyone
Mar 12th, 2013

Dr. John Berry performed a posterior laminectomy on me. He informed me that I did not have to have a graft and fusion at c6 and c7 disc, there was only bulging and he was going to shave it down. After he performed my surgery later that night I had the worse pain of my life. I could not raise my arm. The pain was unbearable. I had to use my right arm to hold up my left arm to adjust to a position that was comfortable. My husband called Dr. Berry, he instructed my husband to take me to the emergency room. Dr. Berry ordered a MRI. Dr. Berry did not visit with me until almost noon the next day. He informed me that he did not know what was going on and that my MRI was fine. He discharged me from the hospital and I continued to have excruciating pain. I decided to seek an orthopedic surgeon, he took x-rays and to my surprise I still had bulging at c6 and c7 disc. (Dr. Berry never corrected my problem)The orthopedic doctor decided to redo surgery but from the anterior of my neck. He performed the surgery two weeks after Dr. Berry attempted to do the first surgery. I ended up needing a graft and fusion as well. I now have a scar on the posterior of my neck and anterior of my neck. Dr. Berry was not honest with his findings from the MRI after the surgery. Weeks had gone by and Dr. Berry had not contacted me. The orthopedic doctor advised me to go back for a follow up from the surgery Dr. Berry had performed and he never noticed I had surgery redone from the anterior of my neck. I ended up telling him and informed him of the findings of the orthopedic surgeon. He showed no concern.

Aug 20th, 2011

Dr. John Berry has performed 2 cervical fusions and 1lumbar.I cannot say enough about the professional manner in which Dr.Berry and his staff conduct patient care.He is very thorough and will not consider surgery until absolutely necessary.Medical clearances are a must. Goldie Southall

No follow up show details No follow up
Aug 7th, 2011

If Dr. Berry had spent the proper time in follow up I would not be faced with what I'm going through today. After surgery 2 follow up visit's being diagnosed with a stage 1 Glioma, was told by Dr. Berry the tumor will not come back and no follow ups needed, all of the tumor has been removed. Eight years later headaches are back and now diagnosed with a stage 3-4 malignant Astro cytoma another surgery plus chemo and radiation, was told this should've been done 8yrs ago?? Funny how this goes. Glad I'm not alone.

Infection show details Infection
May 10th, 2011

Poor follow up. Lots of problems after surgery. Could not find anything out about him until I spoke with his ex-nurse long after I had experienced problems. All of the reviews on here are pretty standard. He has good lawyers.

Apr 27th, 2011

Dr Berry did not schedule a follow-up visit after surgery. That bothered me. My Nerologist found a "nick" (damage) in my spinal after I had to schedule a post operation MRI. Dr. Berry said that it (the damage to my spinal cord) had been there for years. It is funny. It did not show on pre-operation MRI. Totally, I am unimpressed with his ability and procedure. I am on a walker and limited use of a cane and some of the same problems I had before the operation still occur. The surgery was for stenosis and he removed the little hooks on c-3, c-4, c-5, and c-6 vertebra. I guess for the rest of my life I am a cripple, which I was not preceding surgery. Check out other surgeons and talk with patients.

May 15th, 2009

After surgery I went back for two followup visits and told him of my difficulties and problems of electrical surging. His answer was to just wait for a while. It has been almost a year and many test without help. Went to a new doctor this week and was helped immediately.

Cervical Spondylosis show details Cervical Spondylosis
Feb 24th, 2009

Had laminectomy surgery. After surgery had nerve shooting surges through arms and legs. Dr. Berry saw me three or four times after surgery. Continued to tell me to give "it" more time. Did not give me any explanation as to why I felt differently after surgery and was experiencing much discomfort. It has been 8 months after surgery. I have gone to other doctors, had MRIs, Mylogram, Cat Scans, and tried acupuncture. Now I am going to a pain management doctor.

Not satisfied show details Not satisfied
Feb 20th, 2009

I am very disappointed and surprised that I have been treated so poorly by a doctor. it was as if he had a problem with me from the beginning by his rudeness. After the surgery it was as if I was bothering him. He never followed up with me to see how I was doing and after several months of his office refilling my perscription for Hydrocodone for pain,his office informed me that probably the reason he was taking so long to fill my prescription was because I should be going to my primary doctor for it. He never even cared why i was in so much pain that i had to take the hydrocodone which he prescribed in the first place. No follow up, no post op instructions nothing!!