Dr. John Berry MD Patient Reviews

2.5
  • 16 reviews

September 19th, 2016
back surgery
I'm very pleased with the results of the work done for me in reference to my surgery. I have no pain. Doc. Berry did not hesitate on the findings of my situation. There was no wait time lost. He is a great sergeant and should be recommend for more. The staff treated me very well. I have no problems and is healing very well. There was accurate diagnose of my situation and he solved the problem. Mind you there are other situations, but the concern at the time has been resolved by Doc. Berry. He is a great support of getting the job done. thank you Doc. Berry

August 30th, 2016
Bad experience
I waited a month to get in for the appointment and sent all my medical history and insurance info. Then when I finally went to his office I waited one hour and 35 minutes. Came in didn't ask any questions about my condition. Told me he could not do anything because of my insurance ..... You could have told me that weeks ago and saved me time.

November 20th, 2015
Dr. Berry performed a spinal catheter, ITP implant, and did a fantastic job. I have never had any problems getting in touch with his staff or getting an appointment. Extremely courteous and efficient.

October 19th, 2015
Dr Berry is a good doctor but his staff makes dread going to appointment. I cancel a post op appointment because I did not want to deal with his staff.

September 10th, 2015
Staff -UGH!
I don't understand why they get upset with the patient when they complete disability forms incorrectly. When the information on a form isn't correctly and not consistent with information, it creates more work them. The patient isn't the blame especially after they charge the patient $25.00 for each form. The staff shouldn't talk down to the patient nor place the blame on them if they can't complete a simple form.

August 25th, 2015
No Follow-up by Staff
Dr.Berry's staff will tell you they'very faxed orders to hospital, testing and primary care doctor but it's not true. If the patient doesn't follow-up or verify what they are being told, you will get lost in their paperwork. I saw the doctor 2 weeks ago and his nurse told me she would call me. I called several times in that 2 weeks and was told one person in the office should have done that. Then when speaking to someone else they pass the buck to someone else. I wouldn't know about lab work if I didn't contact the hospital and MRI staff, they wold reschedule the procedure and I would continue suffering. I like Dr Berry but staff isn't goo with following up with medical testing and procedures. That's SCARY!!

November 16th, 2014
HORRIBLE
I was referred to dr berry by another doctor. My original doctor stated that I needed surgery but dr berry didn't think so. I refuse to take that as a dx. He kept saying I don't know this and that. He wasn't professional at all, nor was his office staff. They treated me differently because of my condition or my possibly the way I look. I requested to see a different doctor, I would not suggest him to my worst enemies. I am having low back pain with numbers or sometimes shooting pain down my legs.

February 6th, 2014
lamonecty surgery
please check other neruosurgen.dr has no compassion. i was walking good ,and everyday normal thing. the only problem constand back pain. would take pain meds but wanted to stop taking pain meds that is why i decided to have back surgery to eliminate taking pain meds.now i take twice the amount of pain meds and have a dop foot, have to wear special brace and shoes. after surgery had musle pain for about 30 days dr went on vacation could not locate.had another mri done after surgery/ dr said everything is ok. drop foot is not ok. i hope god forgives him.im trying.

March 27th, 2013
Cannot diagnose Chiari Malformation
I went to see Dr Berry because he was located at The Houston Medical Center, which I have found to be a big disappointment! I moved back to Texas from LA and had been diagnosed with a brain disorder called Chiari Malformation. I brought my films from California with me and when Dr Berry looked at them, he asked if I had ever heard the diagnosis Chiari? He said that I would have to repeat the brain MRI with "his" radiologist and if "his" radiologist said I had Chiari, then I did; if not, then I didn't. He was so arrogant and my head was about to explode from a headache! I went through Dr Berry's exercise of paying for ANOTHER brain MRI with HIS radiologist in The Woodlands and then driving back to Houston, 200 miles. The old rule for Chiari was, if the cerebral tonsils herniated 5mm below the foramen magnum, it was Chiari; the new rule was any herniation below the foramen magnum and mine was 3mm. The radiologist was not up-to-date on the new rules! He said no Chiari. When I went back to Dr Berry, I spent only seconds with him, again, with a splitting headache! Long enough for him to say, "my radiologist says no Chiari, so you don't have Chiari! You have a headache! Get over it!" And walked out the door! Well, Dr Berry, if you read this, you and your radiologist were dead wrong! 4 months after seeing you, I almost lost my life to Chiari because of your mis-diagnosis! I had emergency brain surgery at The Chiari Institute in New York by some REAL brain surgeons who said I had very little fluid left around my brainstem. I'm glad you mis-diagnosed me as I got to the RIGHT doctors! Perhaps you and your radiologist should attend continuing education classes about Chiari and its related disorders. Read about Chiari Zero. I've found that Houston Medical Center is no big deal. I go out of state for my medical care! You are an arrogant doctor who should be held accountable for your mistakes! The first thing you should do is improve your attitude towards patients! You are NOT GOD. I make sure anyone with CHIARI in Texas knows my experience with you!

March 12th, 2013
I would not recommend Dr. John Berry to anyone
Dr. John Berry performed a posterior laminectomy on me. He informed me that I did not have to have a graft and fusion at c6 and c7 disc, there was only bulging and he was going to shave it down. After he performed my surgery later that night I had the worse pain of my life. I could not raise my arm. The pain was unbearable. I had to use my right arm to hold up my left arm to adjust to a position that was comfortable. My husband called Dr. Berry, he instructed my husband to take me to the emergency room. Dr. Berry ordered a MRI. Dr. Berry did not visit with me until almost noon the next day. He informed me that he did not know what was going on and that my MRI was fine. He discharged me from the hospital and I continued to have excruciating pain. I decided to seek an orthopedic surgeon, he took x-rays and to my surprise I still had bulging at c6 and c7 disc. (Dr. Berry never corrected my problem)The orthopedic doctor decided to redo surgery but from the anterior of my neck. He performed the surgery two weeks after Dr. Berry attempted to do the first surgery. I ended up needing a graft and fusion as well. I now have a scar on the posterior of my neck and anterior of my neck. Dr. Berry was not honest with his findings from the MRI after the surgery. Weeks had gone by and Dr. Berry had not contacted me. The orthopedic doctor advised me to go back for a follow up from the surgery Dr. Berry had performed and he never noticed I had surgery redone from the anterior of my neck. I ended up telling him and informed him of the findings of the orthopedic surgeon. He showed no concern.

August 7th, 2011
No follow up
If Dr. Berry had spent the proper time in follow up I would not be faced with what I'm going through today. After surgery 2 follow up visit's being diagnosed with a stage 1 Glioma, was told by Dr. Berry the tumor will not come back and no follow ups needed, all of the tumor has been removed. Eight years later headaches are back and now diagnosed with a stage 3-4 malignant Astro cytoma another surgery plus chemo and radiation, was told this should've been done 8yrs ago?? Funny how this goes. Glad I'm not alone.

May 10th, 2011
Infection
Poor follow up. Lots of problems after surgery. Could not find anything out about him until I spoke with his ex-nurse long after I had experienced problems. All of the reviews on here are pretty standard. He has good lawyers.