Overall Review

3.8

December 12th, 2014
I have been seeing this Dr. for over 10 yrs, Dr & staff is awesome

September 5th, 2014
not so great
i looked at reviews to find a dr that had a good rating. My husband went in for an appointment at 9:30 in the morning. We saw people come in and come out before he got seen. The staff was not friendly. After a half hour had passed I asked if the Dr. was running late. She said the appt was for 9:45. I brought the card they sent us that said 9:30. My husband was about to walk out when he was finally called over an hour past his appointment time. The dr was fine enough. Later when trying to get test results we met with great difficulty. The Dr. didn't even read them till a month later. The staff put us on hold and then hung up on us, more than once. Finally, after leaving a message that staff had been rude and my husband needed the results the Dr. called and it turns out there is a medical problem. Finding this out over a month later is not right. Also, we are still waiting for the referral to a specialist, weeks later.

October 1st, 2012
Great family dr
Dr James has always been right on with his evaluation. Nice to know your seeing a dr that has been around the block a couple of times!

January 2nd, 2012
Dr. James has been my doctor for many years. He has successfully diagnosed and treated all my health problems through the years. Not only me, but he saved my sister from neck cancer by taking an immediate biopsy when the hospital said "it was nothing". He also saved my father from colon cancer, by telling him what his options were and steering him to the right doctors at the hospital. He also relieved a good friend of mine from a terribly painful boil on her shoulder. It is gone now, and she is in much better health. My hat is off in salute for Dr. James who has done so much to help people with genuine concern and without taking advantage of sick people. He's the best doctor in the whole area in my book.Thank you, Dr. James.

April 7th, 2011
Won't see anyone else...
Dr. James is fantastic. He has been able to figure out everything I have ever brought to him down to taking one look at a wierd mark on my stomach that would not go away but didnt ich like a rash. One look and he said you have a fungus from a cat, he gave me some cream and it was gone in a few days.

January 26th, 2009
Dr. Brown told me I had had a heart attack based on his mis-reading of the EKG from my annual physical. He did not check for other symptoms or do any follow-up testing. He referred me to a cardiologist who told me my heart was fine. He also never called me with the results of PSA and other tests, despite telling me he would. He has no sense of humor and a poor "bedside manner".Dr. Brown's billing department is a mess. They billed for copays I had already paid and tried to collect money when they actually owed money to me.

September 18th, 2008
I have had a great experience having Dr. James as my primary Physician. He takes the time to call me with lab results if I have a concern. His staff are friendly and caring.