A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Reed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Reed is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Reed, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Reed graduated from Uniformed Services University, Bethesda.
Dr. Reed has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Hospital of Sacramento
- Mercy San Juan Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Reed accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 11 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John B. Reed practice?
Dr. John Reed practices Ophthalmology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, and Cardiovascular Disease near Sacramento, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Vacaville, CA and Elk Grove, CA.
See Sacramento Ophthalmologists, Sacramento Surgeons, and Sacramento Cardiologists.