Ophthalmologists
3939 J St
Ste 106
Sacramento, CA 95819
916-454-4861
Locations and availability (13)

|  Wonderful and Caring Doctor  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Reed by an opthamologist who suggested I see a Retinal Specialist for an eye issue I was having. Dr. Reed has been the only doctor to treat this eye condition for the past 5 years. He may seem rushed, but he will certainly spend time with you explaining everything. He has helped me out with medication financially, and saved my vision in one eye.There are waits many times for your appointment. If you have a 10am appointment, you may not actually get seen until 10:30. Bothersome until you realize why. If you have an eye emergency, they see you that day. I've actually had to do that a handful of times. You aren't pushed off on another day, or told to call back to see if someone cancels, they will find a way to fit you in. That alone is something I've never seen any other doctor do, ever.Retinal Consultants, of which Dr. Reed is a doctor of, has many locations around the Sacramento/Northern California area, so odds are, there is one close to you. The staff has always been kind and courteous, except one person who wasn't working there the next month I went in, showing they actually do listen to patient complaints (was told that they had too many complaints). If you need a retinal specialist, I highly recommend Dr. Reed. And if he isn't available there is a staff of like 6 or 8 other specialists who can assist you as well.