Dr. John Robertson Jr MD Patient Reviews

3.6

August 31st, 2016
Wonderful and caring
Dr Robertson has saved my life!!! After going to many doctors, I found dr Robertson 10 years ago. his staff is wonderful and caring. I can't say enough great things about my experiences with him. God bless dr John

May 2nd, 2015
My experience
From the start my family suggested that I see someone because they thought I was deppressed around the Christsmas season.I agreed to give it a try but all I got was pills pills and more pills,I thought a shrink was suppose to talk things out but this clown and his helper Julie have one question when i see them(any thoughts of suicide?) Well No but take the money and write another script. My real doctor has helped me dose down so I will not be a slave to a pill that I don't need and they have had awfull side effects. I worry most about the children this guy distroys.John does not have his client's best interest. He want's your money and the pharmaceutical's money in his pocket. The last 2 times I was at his office he had intern's that's a great way to spend my money.Shop around.I didn't need this and I know John Robertson wasted several hours of my life to put me on drugs that are not nesasary. I'm proud to say a real doctor helped me get back to normal,

March 20th, 2015
My daughter has been seeing Dr. Robertson for approximately 19 years, since age seven. We have found him to be extremely knowledgable regarding symptoms, treatment options and management of her mental illness. Dr. Robertson has managed to keep my daughters illness under control so that she has been hospitalized only once and she has never become so depressed that she has attempted suicide. He explains things to my satisfaction, spends as much time as we need with us and always attempts to answer my questions. in addition! I have always felt that he has my daughter's best interests in mind and he welcomes my input and thoughts. He has always been courteous and pleasant to both my daughter and myself. I highly recommend him.

January 22nd, 2015
Unprofessional Staff
POOR Staff, Dr. cancelled our daughter's appointment time and wanted to reschedule but we couldn't make their new time due to her attending her HS classes. We tried to be flexible to schedule another time and the staff said we would be charged for "cancelling" the original appointment if we couldn't make "their" time. If this is their attitude and policy we are going to another doctor. Perhaps we should charge you! We will be sharing this experience with our insurance company and all our friends and family.

July 28th, 2014
Diagnosed my condition and treated it effectively. I would recommend him to others.

June 12th, 2014
couldn't be better
I have been seeing Dr Robertson and his staff for about 10 years. This practice has changed my life. I finally got a correct diagnosis and beneficial care. Dr Robertson is knowledgeable, compassionate and patient. His nursing staff is incredible. They really take the time with me to learn and understand all that I have been going through. I never feel rushed. I feel like my input matters with the doctor and the nurses. I rarely have to wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. The front office staff isn't the most friendly however and the practice administrator is gruff and rude. I think the practice would benefit from having a complete overhaul in the administrative part. But aside from that, I am very pleased with my care at Dr Robertson's office. He and his staff have changed my life for the better.

June 5th, 2013
Great Doc, Office Staff Just Okay
The office staff weren't very forgiving if you missed an appointment. But if you have insurance you should be okay. The nurse I had was very nice. The doctor was terrific. It's a pity it's out of my network now. But I saw him for two years and in that time my life changed. He always seemed to genuinely care about me as a person. He's not afraid to prescribe you what he thinks you need, but he's also very understanding and open to your input. He was never pushy. If your concern is your kid being overmedicated from reading things on here, just be open and honest about your concerns. At the end of the day, Dr. Robertson is probably my favorite doctor I ever had. He took his time with me and was thoughtful, even giving me financial and career advice (he urged me to take advantage of an offered 401k plan that I had dismissed and I will probably be very thankful for that in decades to come).

February 5th, 2013

January 28th, 2013
Wonderful Dr.
He is very compassionate and really cares for his patients well being. The testing for my daughter was very thorough and most of the results I was expecting. When he told me she had signs of bi-polar it surprised me a little bit, but not too much since I have the mood disorder as well. When I found out it brought me to tears and the staff really felt for me. One of the girls behind the desk even gave me a big hug. I really recommend Dr. Robertson and everyone at his practice. I have been going to this practice for almost a year now and they have helped me tremendously.

September 18th, 2012
Best psychiatrist I've seen
Dr. Robertson was first my daughter's psychiatrist and now mine as well. I was impressed with the thorough evaluation process for both of us. I had previously been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but didn't feel it fit me well. Dr. Robertson has taken his time in diagnosing me and my daughter as well. He was not quick to label either of us beyond what is necessary for insurance purposes. I will admit that I am a complicated case with many mitigating factors coming into play. Neither my daughter or I fit neatly into any box and he's okay with that. He does prescribe medication, that's why we go there. My meds have slowly been altered and I am doing better. It isn't a quick process and i understand that. He is careful in his follow-up and makes medication changes slowly. His staff is available when we have problems with medication reactions or just questions. Dr. Robertson talks to me as a thinking human being explaining why he is making my med choices, and I really like that. He has also been very willing to listen to my feedback and answer my questions, even listen to a differing opinion and make changes. What I appreciate most is that he really cares about all the facets of my health, not just mental health. He is the only doctor I have, and I have many, that treats me as a whole person. He makes great suggestions for care in other areas too. I think he has the heart of a therapist with the knowledge of a psychiatrist. He has said a sentence or two to me that have helped more than some therapists have in months. He also advocates for the therapy component of psychiatric care. I like that he holds me accountable for things I am supposed to do between visits as well. The staff is great, the wait to be seen is short. If I had to find a negative, it would be that he's busy! Sometimes it is hard to get my daughter's appointment and mine back to back at the time we'd like. But, I want the best, obviously others do to. I will happily deal with that.

August 29th, 2011
Think twice
If you or a loved one needs these services look elsewhere it will save you anguish and grief. I was treated for bipolar disorder after i was treated for ADD. Lowering doses or stopping med.s was out of the question in conversation. Now a year after being off all of my med.s I can't believe how much harm that medication did. Think twice when he tells you he wants to add a med to help your child because before you know it your child will be on everything for nothing.

May 25th, 2011
Very thorough evaluation/Accurate Diagnosis
After visiting many doctors for my adolescent child's needs, we finally decided to pay for an out-of-the-pocket, full evaluation. The diagnoses that came back were initially a bit overwhelming but it pieced together everything our child had been through. The treatment that was provided to our child has been excellent. Our child is only on one medication and has had an 180 degree turnaround since our first visit four months ago. I highly recommend Dr. Robertson. We have never had a problem with scheduling. Nurses have dealt with insurance issues for the prescription immediately and quickly. All calls have been returned within a 24 hour time frame. We have never waited to be seen over five minutes. Thank you Dr. Robertson.