A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Watkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Watkins, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Crohn Disease
- Hepatolenticular Degeneration
- Intestinal Diseases
- Lactose Intolerance
- Malabsorption Syndromes
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Watkins graduated from Case Western Reserve University , Cleveland. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Watkins has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Metrowest Medical Center
- Tufts Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Watkins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Network Health - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan