Dr. John Babinecz MD Patient Reviews

3.4

August 8th, 2016
Mom
Doctor B. is the best. Our daughter was just 4 days old when we adopted her. We were told to make an appt. for a well baby checkup at 1 month. Friends of ours gave us Dr. Babinecz's name. As soon as I called the office, explained our situation and asked to make an appointment , Dr. B. got on the phone and said bring her in the next day! He wanted to make sure she was well. And for the next 16 years he made certain she was well. Now my daughter is turning 30, planning her own family, and just hopes and prays Dr. B is not yet retired. He becomes focused on the child; not there to pamper parents. One time I was kept waiting... and I understood when he apologized and said he was with a family that he had to tell them their son had leukemia. Some of these people who are overly sensitive have no idea what issues a pediatrician has to deal with each and every day. God bless you Dr.B.

July 8th, 2014
STAY AWAY FROM DR. BABINECZ
PLEASE READ: This man has no business being a pediatrician. I think this website requires you to give at least one star but he deserves ZERO stars. He has reduced me to tears twice and I refuse to work with him again. As a new mother of a ten month old infant, I expect to be treated with respect and understanding as I work through overwhelming new experiences as a parent. Not once has he offered me this. He is condescending, abrupt, and extremely rude. When I was afraid my son had hand, foot, and mouth disease, he even went so far as to say to me over the phone "Well I don't want to see him!". I was calling to seek guidance and advice and instead he offered nothing but unprofessional, hurtful commentary. While I do really like the other three physicians, I do not even wish to cross paths with this man ever again so my husband and I are strongly considering switching practices. DO NOT take your child to see this doctor. You will leave in tears or feeling angry, I assure you. Being a new parent is a beautiful, exciting, yet overwhelming experience and we need doctors who will support us and not belittle us. Stay away from Dr. Babinecz!

April 15th, 2014
The worst pediatrician
Babinecz is the worst pediatrician - avoid him at all costs. His bedside manner is atrocious and medical knowledge is questionable. He's a cranky old man who has no business being a pediatrician.

August 12th, 2013
Rude, inconsiderate, and probably shouldn't be a pediatrician.
(the gist of it: saw Dr. Babinecz at the Wade-Townend Pediatric Associates center. Will not be going back again.) Dr. Babinecz repeatedly ignored what I was saying about my 6 year old son's heart condition and severe allergies, at one point even giving me the "talk to the hand" gesture--directly at my face--and telling me to go "sit down". First of all, that was incredibly rude. Second of all, completely uncalled for. I wasn't babbling or going on and on unnecessarily--this is our first appointment here, and I wanted to make sure that he was aware of the specific conditions my son has. I wasn't asking for an immediate diagnosis or plan of treatment--I was simply checking to make sure that he knew the symptoms and would be able to keep an eye out for anything unusual. Then, as he was checking my son's heartbeat and breathing, he kept barking at my son, "I said, BREATHE now!" when my son didn't take a deep enough breath or breathed too quickly. No smile to soften his tone, no reassurance. Just a grim scowl and harsh words. My son was extremely uncomfortable and unhappy. Maybe as a doctor in a different specialty he would be alright, but in my honest opinion, someone with such a sour disposition and brusque attitude has no business dealing with children's health, especially if he's going to be rude and condescending towards the parents. Needless to say, we will not be coming back.

May 2nd, 2013
Ok Doc, Bad Bedside Manner
First time meeting Dr. B and I will request to never have him again. Smug, rude, all business, rushed, acted inconvenienced due to his staff's mistake but I felt he took it out on me and my kids. He practically told my other kid to sit down and shut up within a minute of meeting us. So different than the other docs there. They should get rid of him or send him to classes on human interaction.

January 10th, 2012
I would use the word, hate but that's a little harsh, so i'm going to say I STRONGLY DISlike Dr.B. He is very rude. He constantly cuts you off when you try and speak to him. He talks down to you if your a first time mom like you should know better. If it weren't for Dr.Townend I would go elsewhere, but Dr.Townend is simply the best! So if you use this group i'd say try and avoid Dr.B as much as possible and see Dr.Townend or any other Dr. in the pratcice!

October 11th, 2010
Dr. B is the only pediatrician that will care for my children. He is the best.

August 6th, 2010
Great, no nonsense doctor
We started seeing Dr. Babinecz 14 years ago, and still take all four of our children to him. He's taken exceptional care of all our kids.He's an excellent doctor, and an excellent role model as well. One of my sons wants to be a football player (just like Dr. B.), and if that doesn't work out, he'll be a doctor (again, just like Dr. B.)

August 6th, 2010
Thorough, Experienced
I love Dr.B. He sprinkles a little advice into his exams which has helped me tremendously. My son is always happy to see him despite the fact that he is in there for his vaccinations.He never makes you feel stupid for asking questions that you should probably know the answer to.