Internists

Academy Acres North
6100 Pan American Fwy
Albuquerque, NM 87109
505-823-1010
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

• Currently 2.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Never in my life have I had a doctor like this ...  |  show details
by A. Berry on Jun 7th, 2013

This doctor was completely dismissive of my concerns. He didn't listen to a word I said, and didn't seem to have paid attention to why I made the appointment. I could hardly get a word in because he was too busy telling me that nothing could be wrong with me and that I didn't know what I was talking about. Another doctor in the same building confirmed my concerns. Dr. Baca is the worst doctor I've ever seen -- so bad it was almost like a joke!

|  Very Effective  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

I can always get an appointment within a reasonable amount of time. Listens, questions and takes my input seriously. If I go in with a list of health concerns(so I don't forget anything) he takes the time to discuss and look into each item.

|  Needs some training on bed side manners  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2011

Felt rushed. He talked to me like I was beneath him and questions e everything I told him like I was lying. Rudely told me nothing fits together... Blah blah blah ....went to a different doctor got a diagnosis before I walked out. He should go back to school and learn some new things. All he had to do was take the time to listen.

Dec 15th, 2010

I always feel rushed when I go there. He always refers me to the best.

|  Bad Rx -  |  show details
May 16th, 2010

This is twice now he's given me an Rx for a drug which I was allergic to; clearly stated in my charts -obviously never takes time to look at the charts before he comes in and never asked me about my allergies - didn't know I couldn't take it until the Pharmacist told me - & I had to wait 2 days to get alternative.

Mar 22nd, 2010

caring compassionate looks you in the eyehonest best doctor I've ever had

Mar 15th, 2010

This guy is the worst doctor I have ever come across, anywhere, in all my life. Why go to medical school and dedicate your life to this field if you clearly hate what you do and the people you do it for. He is utterly disinterested in patients and has a noticeable contempt for them. It's easy to get an appointment with him because no one wants to see him. Consider yourself warned. I complained about him to my other doctor (also at Southwest Medical Associates), who was unavailable for appointments that day. I've never had to complain about a doctor before. I would rather stay sick than see this guy.

by Missy on Nov 21st, 2009

Dr Baca's medical assistant was friendly and seemed very sincere. She went out of her way to make me feel welcomed. However, I felt as if Dr Baca had a hard time believing what I was explaining to him. He oversimplified my concerns and acted as if I was too stupid to realize the obvious. I explained to him that I was concerned because my symptoms were sudden and not preexisting. He was not a concerned with my recent symptoms after "reviewing" last years check up. I got that superior attitude from him like he wanted to say "duh", not a good feeling at all.

|  Extremely Rude  |  show details
May 6th, 2009

This doctor did not believe anything I said, has no compassion as a physician and tends to be condescending and ordered me to take medicine. He also tried to dismiss the reality of my very real symptoms. He was recommended to me by my specialist. I will never return to him. Maybe he should bark at his male patients, perhaps he will believe them.

Jan 8th, 2009

He is terrible. He told me that my complaints of fatigue were normal for a mom of young children. A different doctor two years later (one miscarriage and one more baby later) discovered I have sleep apnea and fibromyalgia! I am being treating for my sleep apnea and have improved 100 times!

|  Best doctor I've had  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2008

Compassionate, thorough, explains things well. Amazing sense of humor..Best of all he knows his stuff

|  arrogant and rude, condescending  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2008

He came into the exam room and asked why I was there. I mentioned the specialists I had been seeing and follow-up needed. He yelled at me that I was looked too healthy to have anything wrong with me. He reviewed my medical history and stated that he didn't believe I had a thyroid disorder - the very thyroid disorder HE HAD DIAGNOSED a few years before.