Physiatrists

East Louisville
3012 Eastpoint Pkwy
Louisville, KY 40223
502-339-6550
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 5th, 2014

I'm not a patient of Dr. Baird's but I have had to see him a couple of times. He took me off my meds. twice and I went through withdrawals. He is a terrible Dr. and needs to be in jail. My own Dr. there won't even give me my meds cause he doesn't want to go behind a co-workers back. I can't believe Dr Campbell let this man in to his business AND STAND by him.

|  Totally Shocked  |  show details
May 1st, 2014

I too was a patient for about 8 years. I was one of the ones that was cut off back in June because his license in KY were being questioned. I too never got my medical records when I requested them 2 times and then my medical doctor a couple. In which my medical doctor was not seeing may patients that were of Bairds and having the same issue with all, no records, no phone calls answered, no phone calls returned. I had even filled out the form to have Baird refer me to another doctor, and that didn't happen either. I had to start all over, with CT Scans, MRI's, Physical Therapy. I also was a cash patient because my insurance company cut him off a few years ago, and he made me believe that no other doctor could help me. After being a cash patient and then he started getting into trouble, I had a collection agency from Florida try and send me bills for over $400. I told them this doctor is in trouble and trying to squeeze that last bit of money out of people. I then told them they can report me to my credit bureau, whatever they wanted, but he was NOT getting another penny from me. After a couple bills from them and my phone call, I've never heard back, nor does it show on my credit. As I heard about the bust in Jeffersonville. I made a joke that Baird was probably involved (not knowing that he was). I couldn't help but laugh, but at the same time feel sorry for everyone that was going to suffer from this. He had me on large amounts of medicine, and it was horrible coming off of it, but thank God I got through it and will NEVER be on that much again. I hope justice is served!! I have to question, if your license is pulled in KY, why would another facility in IN want him to be anywher near their practice, unless they are crooks too.

Apr 28th, 2014

How this man still has a medical license is a travesty to all the great doctors out there. Last June another former patient died as a result of his "pain management". Yes more lawsuits forthcoming. STAY AWAY!

Apr 24th, 2014

Scrupulous, irritating, egotistical, thief, non paying creep! Goes for his ugly wife too!!!

|  Arrogance and billing issues  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2014

The wait time in their office was often hours. I was given a medication and told "I would know" when it was time to come off of it, but was given no weaning instructions and it was a medication that required tapering. I was billed for the insurance portion of a visit which was actually covered already. I called, you could never get a person on the phone. Was turned in to collections. It was eventually resolved after several letters and faxes. If you are considering establishing with this doctor, I urge you to do an internet search of him and review any legal documentation you may find prior to placing yourself in his care.

|  what a sham  |  show details
by victim on Mar 6th, 2014

It justs keeps getting worse and worse. Biggest farce I've ever seen. You would have to be crazy to go see this man or go to that hideous place in Jeffersonville. He lost his licenses he will not refer me to a real doctor. I'm at my wits end. All I want is a referral, you'd think I was asking for a kidney.How can you get a referral out of this man??? When you have to go to Jeffersonville every month you feel like you are going to the crack house! I can't believe that place hasn't been shut down! !!

|  Unreal  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2014

I saw this quack about 8 years ago and after being treated so poorly went and got help elsewhere. Then, yesterday, at my regular physicians office who happened to walk in "shadowing" my normal caregiver. None other than that horrid man, talking in circles around my pain again and asking about my panic attacks and if they tied into my sexual background, etc. Told him that was none of his business, and then he told me that ok, we will be switching all your meds today because everything you've been diagnosed with can suddenly be treated with all these other drugs you've tried that have never worked. Was told that 2 of them were not to be taken together and the pharmacy would raise questions, but just tell them it's ok because I've taken them together before. So you just told me to lie? I am still so wound up and upset I hope this review isn't jumping all over the place. Point blank- avoid at all costs.

|  LAW SUITS AGSINST DR BAIRD/Julie40165@ gmail.com  |  show details
by FibromyalgiainKY on Dec 15th, 2013

I am extremely interested in joining any law suite against this quack! He actually gives you all this medication and God forbid you miss even one call from his office for a random drug test. I did, Jeremy called and ask me to call them at my convenience, which I did. 4 hours later at 3:00 pm. I had been in bed with a pain attack due to my fibromyalgia.Anyway, when I did call they refused my request of "am I to late to be tested & pills counted"? Note the office does not close until 5:00 and I had been in for my latest appointment 8 days earlier and had a monthly "random" test every month for the previous four months! I did have my pills counted that same day by a pharmacy who dispensed his meds & was pharmacy of record. I had the count faxed in on INJECTION AND COMPLETELY REMOVED MY TOP WITHOUT A FEMALE IN THE ROOMrior to the required 7:00 am cutoff. Then made myself available in his office for drug test the next morning yet he cut me off and DISMISSED ME FROM HIS OFFICE AND MADE NOTE OF MY DISMISSAL ON THE STATE CASPER REPORT! I was unable to find any Doctor to write meds anywhere near what he or his office did. I went into complete withdrawal from EXALGO, ADDERALL, XANAX, OXYCONTIN IR, AND A HOST OF OTHER MEDS. THIS MAN WHO HAS NO PAIN MANAGEMENT DEGREES OR CERTIFICATION ON HIS WALLS. ONLY PAYSTUBS FROM VARIOUS PAIN PILL MFGS. ASK HIM ABOUT HOW THE MFG OF LYRICIS PAYS THESE DAYS? I rec'd a package of info from the state indicating all the complaints the state has rec'd on him and his responses. I'm sorry about the other complaints and all those who are suffering BECAUSE of this mani lrayed to God that he would help me cope with my pain and suffering. After I was dismissed, I was told that this Physicians Primary Care had a great resource center and so I made an appointment. Guess who appeared before my eyes. Yep, Baird. Again writting prescriptions in the qty and strength I know he used to. well when it was my turn the Dr refused to see me, his nurse practically threw me out, very rude! I was forced to make another appointment and yet wait again to be seen without medication! I hate his poor sense of DO NO HARM! I atleast want my 240 Lortabs I bought and paid for to be returned to me! I was turned away, forced into WITHDRAWALS TWICE, TO THIS DAY STILL CAN'T GET MY RECORDS, OMG SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED. PERHAPS I SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM ABOUT MY SEX LIFE WHEN ASK, MAYBE WHEN HE PERFORMED A TRIGGER POINT INJECT

|  Nothing but a pompous drug dealer  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2013

Worst PM Dr. I have EVER seen. Know so many people he has turned into worthless addicts. Thank God everyday that I got away from him. Don't believe these people that say he's the only one that understands fibromyalgia and that it has to be treated with ridiculous amounts of hardcore, addictive medications. My condition is probably 10 times worse than is was when I saw him 5 yrs. ago, plus I have developed bone and joint issues requiring surgery. Pain is terrible, yet I am taking less than 60% of what he used to prescribe me and am able to function, work, have a social life, etc. He takes advantage of people truly in pain and then happily feeds addicts. I cheered the day I heard he had his license suspended and pray he'll not only lose it completely but eventually end up in jail. Anyone on here praising him, I suggest you check yourself into rehab and start over, because you'll never get any better if you don't. Also, consider other therapies than large doses of dangerous narcotics that were created for people dying! Please take control of your situation before it's too late and you either lose everything and/or end up dead.

|  stay away from this "man"  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2013

this is a very dangerous man- words cannot even express my experience with him, he should be in prison. If you continue to see a dr with a review like this you are crazy or he has you on something to make you crazy which is probably more likely the case.

|  Dr. Baird has helped me so much.  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2013

I have seen several doctors for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome over the past 10 yrs. Dr. Baird is the only doctor that has ever helped me. When I started going to him, I told him I didn't want to take a lot of pills. He told me we would get rid of the pain and then the pills. By this time, I was desperate to try anything that could help. I had tried lots of things for pain that did not help, over the counter pain meds, physical therapy, massages, different types of vitamins, etc. The pain meds from Dr. Baird were the only thing I found that helped me. I read reviews that people wrote saying Dr. Baird was a pill pushing doctor. For me, pain pills are the only thing I have found to give me any relief. I am very greatful for Dr. Baird and the pain meds he gave me. After all, if someone thinks he's a pill pushing doctor they don't have to go back to him and the certainly don't have to take any pills they don't want to take. However, I was happy to take anything to stop the pain. He also helped with my extreme fatigue. He seemed somewhat surprised at how bad my fatigue always is. But, he made it possible for me to get out of bed each day and take care of my children. I don't think most people can understand the pain and fatigue associated with fibromyalgia unless they have to live with it. But, I think Dr. Baird did understand how horrible I felt and how much I hurt. Of course, I would love to get rid of the fibromyalgia. But, until that's possible, I will have to settle with treating the symptoms.

|  Thank you KY State Medocal Board  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2013

Had it been some over a year ago, I would have thought it was horrible to loose his license. I was one of the ones that learned the hard way, after three years as his patient that he had an agenda. thinking I would be in a "helped medically" all I ever got was addiction to more and more meds, and higher and higher bills that my ins. had already paid. It was a "pay for your drugs as you go" office and I am definitely interested in a law suit. I almost died under his care and even worse having no one to help me come off what he had me on. I hope the board never gives his license back and so would you had you been caught in him, Kathy and his wife's trap of evil.

|  Shame  |  show details
by Shame on Jun 25th, 2013

He recently had his KY licensed revoked, so he immediately opened up in Indiana thinking he could get away from the medical boards ruling. he is a pompous pill popping quack. Office billing and record keeping was poor. Well found out he has closed for good! His Indiana sham didnt work. He left me dealing with addictions to Xanax, and aderall. You can not go cold turkey on these things . Anyone interested in a class action suit? For you that thought he was great. That's because he has you addicted to a drug and he is your dealer!

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  help  |  show details
by carol on Jun 21st, 2013

he was the best. as per previous post, where is he at in Indiania now? I would and will go. if anyone knows please please post the name or address please. i dont have insurance and cant find anywhere to go

|  need help  |  show details
by Lost w/out my doc on Jun 20th, 2013

DR John Baird is wonderful caring doctor that the state of Kentucky has no idea about. This doctor treats his patients at each individuals discretion/illness. I hate this state and how they treat chronic pain sufferers and the dr's that help us. If there is anyway someone could help me find out the Floyd Knobs,In office phone number for DR Baird it would be greatly appreciated.

|  crook  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2013

Wow where do I began. So I have been seeing this so called dr. for about a year now and things were going good until about a month ago. I was schheduled for an appointment on thursday the 4th of june and lije always they called a day before for what I thought was a reminder so I didnt answer it. I drove 50 mn the next day and when I got there the doors were locked. I then called my voice mail to see if the call I had received the day before had anything to do with them being closed. They left a message that dr baird had moved to indiana and if I wanted to continue seeing him I would have to drive out of my way 25 more mn to floyd knobs indiana. So I called and got my appointment and went the next day.he told me while I was there that he had to move bc in ky his license had been suspended do to and investigation on over medicating a patient. And he couldnt write controlled substance in ky . When I was leaving he said go down to the farmacy at the bottom of the hill bc you might have a problem filling these at your ky pharmacy

|  No 1 fibro. Dr!!!!!!  |  show details
by Tara on Jun 10th, 2013

Dr. Baird has been my doctor for more than 5 yrs. He is the best doctor in town to treat fibromyalgia and many other conditions. W/o him I would not be able to get out of bed each morning or take care of my son. My husband is also a patient of his. He was needing poss. hip surgery, plus he is pigeontoed and was in terrible pain each day. He did physical therapy on him in one visit and gave him some meds. not narcotics to help his pain and he is now able to work a 60 hr work week, w/ no trouble at all. I myself, consider him a miracle worker. He is always there to listen to the patient when you are w/ him. W/o Dr. Baird there would be a lot of bedridden patients not being able to cope w/ the day to day living.

|  overdose? Self pay?  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2013

I have been going to Healing Options for about 6 months now. I am a self pay patient. I have an appointment next week. They called and rescheduled. I had heard someone overdosed and they was holding Dr. Bairds right to write prescriptions right now. I asked the receptionist, when she called to reschedule me) and should could do was say "It is a mess right now". So I dont know what to do. I dont have the money to drive 2 hours and pay office visit and not get my prescriptions. Does anyone have any insight on this situation. Thanks

|  he is excellent  |  show details
by Linn on Jun 6th, 2013

If you like him, now is the time to support him by writing the KY medical board. This doctor knows fibromyalgia like no other I know of and his medicine has changed my life completely and for the better. I was unable to walk or stand for any amount of time and spent most days in excruciating pain, usually from a combination of osteoarthritis and fibro. With fibro fog, allergies, etc. and the lowest energy on the planet I thought nothing would change. And it did. With his practice of medicine!

|  Knowledgable  |  show details
by Betty E on Jun 2nd, 2013

Dr. Baird essentially saved my life and made it functional. He diagnosed Dysfunctional nerve conduction that altered my ability to breathe well when standing. He diagnosed my thyroid condition. He diagnosed many Abnormalities with my hormones. He and his staff work with me monthly to balance most of my many abnormal conditions! One of these is Fibromyalgia, a normally unbearable condition, with constant pain in my muscles and soft tissues. He is a life saver for me. He is so knowledgable on so many levels. Irreplaceable!!!

|  Patient  |  show details
by DD on May 31st, 2013

I like Dr Baird. I have no problem with him and I find him to be a very caring Doctor.

|  Another victim of this quack!  |  show details
by disgruntled in Louisville on May 29th, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Bairds for several years and although I thought he was a bit odd, I felt like he really took my concerns to heart and wanted to help heal me. Boy was I wrong. He gave me higher and higher doses of pain meds all the time. He would ask me to tell him HOW MUCH I wanted or what I needed. Once I told him that I would like to start tapering off and not take the narcotics anymore. He didn't like that idea at all! He also spoke about sex with me as some of you have mentioned. He asked very personal questions to the point where I'm sure if I would have responded the way he wanted, the door would have been locked and the blinds closed and we would have been on that examining table HE NEVER USES to exam patients. He didn't even bother to use "medical terminology" He used graphic, sexual words and made me very uncomfortable. When I told him that the things he was asking were personal, he was not happy. He was immediately finished with my appointment and after that he wouldn't renew my prescriptions that he had been giving me for years. He put me in such a predicament that I started trying to taper off myself and went through some HORRIBLE withdrawals. When I called his office, I was told to go to the ER that he couldn't help me. For the record, to the person who said all of these reviews were probably coming from Rif Raf who just want drugs.... Lady, you are way off base and so rude. I am far from "scum" Dr. Baird is a quack with horrible character. I thought I was the only one this happened to and now I see that it's been happening to many people. The same thing with the billing happened to me, too and yes I had to pay out of pocket so that I could be seen. It's disturbing and just awful. Something needs to be done about this man.

|  No Problems with Billing, But...  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2012

I've never had any problems with billing, but I will say that he prescribed many useless and dangerous things for me. I spent many dollars on the promise of feeling better to no avail. I did feel as though he was working hard to improve my quality of life, but he was off target with his diagnosis, which put my life in jeopardy. He missed things that a nurse practictioner from another practice found. I don't owe Dr. Baird any money, but his endless prescriptions nearly cost me my life.

|  I am so glad I found Dr. Baird.  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

Dr. Baird has helped me immensely. He has addressed my hormone issues, as well as my fibromyalgia/chronic fatique. It's nice to find a doctor who understands my problems and can take care of multiple issues.

|  Shocked  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2012

Sorry that some of you all found out the hard way as did I that Dr. Baird has a two sided approach. First, he'll make you think that you've found the nicest, most caring doctor in the state, as he continually adds to your meds list. Second his book keeper with a "really crooked" pencil starts adding until you have to question what is all this for, When you do trouble has started. I thought this man was great. He treated me so sweetly and with such caring I would have done anything for him. I wanted to think it was the lack of knowledge on the part of his book keeper until I had a discussion with them both together. Believe me they are in this together. Its all about scamming people out of money and I personally hope they both rot for it. I've been hospitalized six times since they literally ran me off because I questioned a bill. My health isn't good and has been made drastically worse since dealing with these two. PLEASE read these reviews. Its not worth a few months or years "if you last that long" of medication. You'll still in the end be at square one, looking for a real doctor to help you. I only wish I'd have read these reviews first. I probably would never have thought it would have happened to me back then, but this man doesn't care for anything but money and more of it. It's not all the book keeper, though she thinks she "runs the joint" as she told me, but he is the one who gave her the go a head to treat people this way. Its ashame when sick, hurting people see someone who will finally help them, then depend on them, to have the rug pulled out from under them over money they don't even owe. So very sad to prey on the sick of this world.

|  I was the Brenda that wrote in 2008 that Dr Baird helped me I WAS SO WRONG  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

All he ask about is your sex life, wanted to send me to a convent to rest! I paid my bill each time I went in or i couldn't see the Doctor. Then ater 2 years I started getting bills that said they were unpaid, I called and called. Then they turned me over to collections! I got "meyers cocktail" IV each week, you had to pay in full or you didn't get them! All he asked about was my sex life.

|  It's been a while since I saw him, but I concur  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

... with the negative reviews. (For the record, I was not a pain patient and did not get any pain meds from him.) This doc seemed very interested for the first year I saw him. That would be an initial apt., a 2 week follow up, and then 6 month check ins. But then he changed. He wanted to talk about sex, which had nothing to do with my medical situation. I mentioned this to another doc and a month or so later I got a letter in the mail that I was discharged as a patient. Coincidence? Who knows. The bottom line is that I regret ever having been a patient. Also, he would not release my records.

Jul 27th, 2012

In reference to the July 20, letter on this site, I am interested to know wich doctor you found and do they help with fibromyalgia? Hope you are doing well/better! Thank you!

|  IM SOOOO CONFUSED AFTER READING THIS...  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

I have an initial appt set with this DR becuz my current PM dr office is terrible! But now I don't know what to do! I know that with my current dr I wait a min. Of 3 hours to see him every month but I get my scripts. But no other "treatment" I can't believe pills is all I have to look forward to for the rest of my life! I'm in my 40's! But NO ONE can seem to find out what's wrong with my back,legs, etc. who else is there out there! HELP!

|  Terrible Staff, Thieves, Meds Pusher  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

I too have had MAJOR difficulties with billing & med pushing. They have charged me FULL price for over a year and gave me all kinds of excuses on why my ins would not pay. Then when I finally called the ins company, they said the office had not filed a claim in over a year! The office keeps giving new reasons why and they have now filed it wrong over and over again and have not paid me the money they owe me. When I threatened to call an attorney, they discharged me as a patient! I HAVE called an attoney!!

|  All the bad reviews are true!  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

Unfortunately i saw Dr. Baird for 9 years for CFS/FM, thinking I had found a good doctor with a mix of integrative and medical treatment. He initially, years ago, did seem to be good. I'm not sure what happened, but he started prescribing heavier and heavier meds (some i just refused to take), and didn't follow any sort of course of treatment...he just threw meds and pills at me like i was a guinea pig (try this, try that). Eventually he became very rude (and the office staff is just downright horrible). Wait times increased to ridiculous, but i couldn't find another doctor who would, at that point, keep me on the horrible combination of meds he had me on while i could taper off. All this time, my true underlying causes of my illness were growing worse and worse (i am finally getting help with another, good, doctor). I don't think i would have gotten so severe in the first place had i left him sooner. I eventually was accused of 'threatening the office staff' and was released as a patient (this was because they would not release my records and were trying to charge me $10/page and I wanted to get someone to explain this to me....i in no way threatened them, but did, calmly, ask for an explanation). Also, i did receive a bunch of bills i had to pay for out of pocket due to their error. please please, i am in the medical field and he is unethical at best and a REALLY BAD DOCTOR.

|  doesnt care about well being  |  show details
by jeremy vance on Jun 26th, 2012

Dr. Baird brought me in he was great the 1st visit. Then I got a letter saying I tested positive for cocaine my second visit ( mouth swab) I understand they have to discharge but I went to the office to explain I've never done cocaine in my life it had to be wrong or a mix up. Of course they didn't believe me so that day I went to labcorps the biggest lab in the nation and they conducted a hair follicle test I passed this is the most accurate test u can do it goes back 6 months he still discharged me its unreal how these docs look at us as a check. I was blown up in Iraq I'm a 3 combat tour vet of the marines there office is a joke..

|  Charlatan!  |  show details
May 21st, 2012

Beware of this guy. He claims to be a medical professional when all he'll do is look up remedies on his laptop while you sit in his office. Furthermore, his office staff is inept. They are rude, short and refuse to discuss their malicious accounting practices. Your bills will get paid by insurance then a year or better you'll start getting statements for funds past due that will eventually end up in the hands of a collection agency. They will refuse to discuss in person or over the phone. Don't waste your time on this guy, he's a scam artist hiding behind a medical degree.

|  Watch Out!!  |  show details
May 18th, 2012

I went to him for over 10 years and thought what a good find. The posts here are right about questioning the billing process. They did not bill my insurance for nearly 2 years and did not tell me what was happening. One day I get a whopping bill for nearly a thousand dollars. Called my insurance and they said the doctor's office did not bill them in a timely fashion as agreed to in their contract with them. Now he has not gotten paid for that length of time and he is throwing the bills to the patients to swallow. Naturally you need your meds so he knows you will pay anything to get them and he wins. Everytime I would go on a monthly visit he would have a new type of test to be done and I was not given a choice as to whether I agreed to having it done. One of these "DNA" tests costs over $800....the insurance only paid $500 since it was out of network. Those of you who are loyal followers.....he will turn on you if you question Kathy's billing practices. Be very sure your insurance is paying him or you will be hit with a huge bill. They lie to you and say everything is pending....just watch out. It is sad he takes advantage of poor sick and hurting people.

Apr 17th, 2012

When you first start going to John Baird you will be treated in a very nice manner. He'll give you narcotics in such a large number, you'll believe he is God sent and really cares. What he is really doing is causing your body to become dependent on "HIM". No other doctor will give you these large amounts of narcotics and there is a reason. They are hard on your body and will do permenent damage. Once he has you hooked his bookkeeper will begin to bill you for larger and larger amounts. When it getsd to the point that you can no longer afford to pay and you decide to call your insurance company, you've made your first mistake. When you report what your insurance has told you, to them, that these bills have already been paid, you're out the door without any scripts to help you through the time it takes to find another doctor. If you like this doctor and you don't mind paying whatever they charge and you don't want to go through withdrawals, by all means keep him as your doctor. If you ever question a bill, there is a number on your head and he will get rid of you. Please be careful here, this is a very dangerous group and believe me, they don't care for anybody. All they care about is money and more ways and scams to get it.

|  CURRENT PT  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

I HAVE ONLY BEEN THER A FEW TIMES BUT HE IS HELPING ME.I HOPE THE THINGS THAT HAS BEEN SAID HERE IS NOT TRUE.I NEED HIM AS MY DR.

|  Dr. Baird is the best!  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2012

I have been a Pat. for over 4 yrs. I have fibromyalgia and he has been a godsent. He has always been caring and takes time to listen to any prob. you may have. I know from exp. he is the only dr. who will treat your pain likeit was his own. He will always be numberone in my life.

|  Fool  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2012

I thought I'd finally found a doctor that cared. I was a fool. The only thing this doctor cares about is your money. He'll lead you to believe he's an angel. This angel has horns.Stay away from him. HE WILL HURT YOU, then kick you out for nothing with none of the meds he's got you hooked on. If you think he cares about you, question a bill that your insurance has already paid and your are fired. If you pay any bill that the old lady he has as a bookeeper, says you owe, your one of his favorite people.STAY AWAY FROM HIM, PLEASE.

|  Current Patient  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

I think most of the bad press that Dr. B is getting from people on here are mainly the "rif raf" that he has had to rid his practice of in an effort to keep his practice one of the elite pain management clinics in Louisville. If you had to deal with some of the people he sees every day then you would become hardened also. I have been a patient of Dr. B's since 2004 and can honestly say that he has diagnosed and treated my issues perfectly. He does seem to have good days and bad days but who of don't? Thank you Dr. Baird!

|  Dope pusher  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2011

Gets you addicted to meds then treats you like scum!!!

|  Dr. Baird is a GODSEND  |  show details
May 29th, 2011

Once known as "The Energizer Bunny". I complained, about gaining nearly 50 lbs in less than FOUR months, chronic fatigue, MAJOR DEPRESSION, memory loss, ANXIETY, PARANOIA to the point of losing the LOVE of my LIFE, to my FEMALE GP for over two years. I was sent for labs that stated my levels were ONE POINT above normal and she said my labs were fine. I went to several endocrinologists and was told my GP knew what she was doing and was sent home without labs or A KIND WORD.Dr. John Baird was the ONLY doctor that LISTENED to my health concerns with care, COMPASSION, and understanding. After only TWO days, Dr. Baird has given me HOPE of returning to my ole' "Energizer Bunny" self.GOD BLESS YOU DR. BAIRD AND THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR LISTENING AND CARING AND LEADING ME BACK TO MY HAPPY, HEALTHY, and PRODUCTIVE SELF. YOU ARE A GODSEND.

|  long-time patient  |  show details
May 14th, 2011

in the beginning i thought he was a new breed of dr. he was very intune with vitamins and holistic med. i believe he was self- taught in that capacity, which was great to me. an md with holistic tendencies. muscle testing etc was not new to me, i believe in it. i could talk a natural language with him, that no other dr is open to. i think i recommended him to too many people, causing him to get tooo booked. i reminded him of that a couple times. he asks what you want and he addresses it, but you have to be concise, no more than 2 questions or you are talking to him outside his office. he does not push heavy drugs, he suggests natural first, but gives in to you if you are not getting results from naturals. he might fire me somtime soon, if thats what he does, because i dont take some px he suggests, when my bloodwork scares him. all-in-all its all very complex. i go up and down with him. it would be nice if he could have a partner that thinks like he does. im not quitting him, because i am always on the track of my problems, and i have him to pass my ideas to. no other dr. is quite like him in town.

|  Very Thorough  |  show details
May 2nd, 2011

Try what he says and will help you where others doctors will give up on you

|  What's going on?  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2011

My initial visit was at the Herr Ave. location. I felt there was some hope after first few appts. However, when I see Dr. B now, I leave feeling I have provoked him in some way. He is very cold and typing on his pc. I almost asked him if I had done something to make him upset with me.I used to recommend to people, but not sure now. Maybe he is dealing w/personal issues.I find all this information disturbing because I thought he was the real deal.

|  Ridiculous  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2011

Staff is uncaring, rude and is only a reflection of him. He is a total ass. I am not nor was on any pain pills. NHRT only. I didn't bother too wait. I took up for him and gave him many referrals in the last full year. Never again will I not take others serious in how they had an experience in his practice. He speaks to you condescending when you ask him questions or questions anything he says. I hope his practice goes down and more people speak out and turn him into Medical Board. Literally...please please stay away from this practice. You will only get angry and hurt from the unprofessionalism of the staff, his wife and himself.

|  Bad experience  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2011

Would not recommend this doctor to anyone who is dealing with a serious health problem. Additionally, some of his office staff are extremely rude and uncaring.

|  Took my $520.00 and sent me out the door.  |  show details
by THE GIRL WHO GOT SCREWED!! on Mar 8th, 2011

I would not recommend this doctor to anybody!!Went in payed $520.00 he gave me urinalysis and told me to come back at 1oclock because he was going to lunch (keep in mind my appt.was at 10 so i went back at 1 and they told me i they needed me to take another urinalysis..I asked them why they needed another one they said because they had spilled my so i told them i couldn't because i just had done it for them so they told me to come back at 8 the next morning so i said that's fine well i got home and they called and said Dr.Baird said he couldn't see me i then asked why and they never gave me a exact reason and i was tring to figure out why and she hung the phone up on me..This doctor is a crook he took my $520.00 and sent me out the door with nothing after i showed them records of what my doctor that passed away had been writing me for the last 5 years..I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYBODY HE IS JUST OUT TO GET YOUR MONEY!!

|  Bad Reputation not True  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

I think Dr. Baird gets a bad reputation because his patients do have to wait to see him; however, he is the only doctor in the practice and he doesn't have private waiting rooms for each patient after they arrive. Therefore, I think you wait for him just as long as you would any other doctor. I think he sincerely cares about his patients and does the best he can by each one. However, I think if a patient goes in with a somewhat bad attitude, I do think they will get that in return. Dr. Baird is everything you want in a doctor, especially if you have fibromyalgia because he is one of the few who truly believes and listens to his patients. If I had to give any criticism, I think he can come off as being aloof if a patient isn't completely cooperative with him. If you're upfront and tell him everything that is going on with you, he will do the very best for you. Because he believes in the pain that is associated with fibromyalgia, you don't have to exaggerate the pain level with him as you do with most doctors -- he truly understands. By that, don't ever tell him you have a "10" pain level because he believes if that is what you're feeling, you should be hospitalized. (Someone in a serious car wreak feels pain levels of 9 or 10, not most of us with fibromyalgia. Other doctors, you have to tell them 9 or 10 just to get their attention. He knows that a pain level of 5-7 is bad pain that no one wants to live with or should they have to. I've been a patient of Dr. Baird's for several years and know him very well; I wouldn't have stayed with him this long if he was a BAD doctor.

|  Personality disorder,narcistic personality  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2011

Dr.Baird and his staff are very unprofessional,rude and disrespectful.The way he deals with confrontations is by sending you a letter in the mail,telling you that you have been released,per patient choice.Never have I been to a doctor where you have random drug screening.I think he and his wife,and staff need to take a class on how to speak to, and treat people.I would'nt recommend him to a lab rat.

|  jerk  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2011

discharged my wife and I for no apparrent reason leaving us without the meds that get us thru our day. Staff is horrible and the only bedside manor he seemed interested in was mine AND my wifes while we were having sex. Considering filing lawsuit.

|  went from great, good, bad, real bad to nightmare  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

He comes across in the beginning as a caring Dr. It's a sad thing to think that a man you felt highly respected for became a man who is full of himself with arrogance and rudeness from some of the staff and himself. Just a simple, respectful manner and treating others the way you want to be treated is not in order when a patient gets to know the true origin of his behavior. I will not go into any details other than being disrespected to the point it questions your own sanity.Him and his wife needs to see a family therapist or find a program with a therapist concerning social behaviors.

Dec 15th, 2010

Love Doctor Baird! After years of traditional MDs "putting a bandaid" on my allergy problem. In other words just giving me meds, Dr. Baird talked with me to determine what I was allergic to, then offered holistic medicine. I have not had a sinus infection since! That was 7 years ago!

|  Very Rude  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2010

As long as everything is going his way, its ok if not then ur in trouble He spends 5 min, when u need at least 15 or more! Does he really care about the patents no its all about money

|  Strange Ethics!  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2010

Strange ethics! He held an empty bottle over my shoulder & said it helped him determine my problem. Huh? Never once gave me any tests to see if I was progressing or regressing. Literally asked me what I needed (in the way of meds)at each visit as tho he were giving out candy. Accused me of being an addict, yet HE was the one prescribing the meds! Used a lab (Ameritox) who charged over $1000 per claim when he could have used Lab Corp or another more reasonable company that my insurance company would have paid for! Not to mention they are out-of-network for almost every insurance company. Wondered if he was in cahoots w/them! Lectured me for not calling to have my script refilled when he couldn't find it in my urine specimen, yet he has a note in his office NOT to call for drug refills. I would NOT recomment him to anyone.

|  I WAS FIRED AS HIS PATIENT!  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2010

It's true, he had his office manager call and fire me as his patient. I was out of my hormone treatment which he changed every time I went there. I wanted a prescription from a compounding pharmacy he didn't like anymore but I had used with him for several years. He wanted me to get them in southern Indiana or have them sent from somewhere in GA, MS, or AL [in the south]. I called the office several times [probably five times] because they wouldn't call in the prescription. He accused me of "terroristic threatening." All I wanted was my hormones and I did get a little peeved. He didn't like that I had an opinion about my problems and that I wasn't responding to his treatment. He's a terrible doctor and I wouldn't recomend him to my worst enemy! Steer clear of this one!!!!!!

|  Not a happy experience  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2010

I had to wait 1 1/2 hours to see the doctor. His receptionist was very rude (raising her voice) when I inquired as to the delay. I finally got to see him for 5 minutes, as I had another appointment---charged me 300.00 for that time.

|  HORRIBLE!  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2009

THIs IS THE WORST DOCTOR EVER!!! DONT GO, UNLESS YOU LIKE HORRIBLE DOcTOrS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  Don't know what's happened to him...  |  show details
May 4th, 2009

When I first went to see him, he was nice and listened to what I was explaining. He seemed to be more aware of the vague world of chronic fatigue and fibro than any other doc I had seen regarding this challenge. He offered many alternative therapies. Unfortunately those were mostly not covered by ins. And if he wanted you to try a supplement, you were mostly told to purchase them online. He was always a "know-it-all"-- egotistical and condescending when speaking to you. Most of the time he sounded as if he was reciting something he had read in a book. No doubt he is intelligent, but I think he may be in some sort of personal or professional trouble because he made a serious and wicked turn around in attitude and treatment after they moved the business. Maybe he's just tired of sick people now that he's "well". (he will tell you all about how he has struggled with his own battle with fibromyalgia and CFS.) He is really a unique piece of work, unlike any "doctor" I have ever encountered. You kinda stand there stunned and confused because you believe he is trying to help you, but then he will do or say something that totally speaks or says otherwise. He is so nonchalant with your treatment at times. One can really sense he could care less as long as you pay your bill. It does seem as though he has some sort of sexual hang-ups or something, but he has a beautiful, hard working wife(she seems to be there alot working on something), so I would imagine he is getting some. But he does come across as the spoiled brat type, who is never happy with what they have, always wanting something different or more. He deserves some reprimand for the pain and humiliation he has caused so many people. He is defintely on some crazy power-trip. He wants to get a patient "hooked" on something, so he can rip it away and watch you squirm with panic. I was told that a certain medication would ease my muscle aches and brainfog. I had never taken anything "controlled". I didn't realize all the red tape involved and took trying this therapy out lightly because he seemed too. I ran out of the med for a couple of days and didn't think much about it b/c I assumed it would be no problem to get a refill. Nope! Didn't think the therapy was working. So I had to find another doc who did indeed say I met the criterias for needing this medication and now I am fine, but that was a horrible feeling to be put through for no plausible reason.

|  Patient's of Dr. John Baird's join in............  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2009

If you have complaints of any sort please list them here. There are many of us bringing a law suit againt Dr. Baird for multiple reasons. We need as many people as we can get. He cannot get away with how he treats his patient's any longer! Thanks so much!

|  Dr. Baird is a pervert and will turn on you without warning-BEWARE!!!  |  show details
by A former Patient............Unfortuntitly! Wish I never went to my first appointment! on Feb 20th, 2009

Dr. Baird thinks he "Knows it all" Very strange and preverted.He's very interested in everyone's sex life, probably because he doesn't have on himself.Just go for a visit once and see for yourself.Don't ever give your opinion on anything because he wants to be the one with all the knowledge.He's self centered and egotistic.He's always right and your always wrong.The only normal person in his office is his Nurse Practitioners which he goes through them on a yearly basis.They don't ever stay long. Once they figure him out their hunting for another job.In 3 words, He's a JERK!

|  helping my and RA  |  show details
by Brenda on Oct 29th, 2008

I am taking the meyers cocktail each week and it is helping my fibromyalgia. I really like his staff, they are very nice and caring. I think I have found my answer to helping me live with the disease.