Dr. John Barbour MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Mc Lean, VA

April 25th, 2017
Helped my mother
Absolutely excellent treatment! My mom has had severe ongoing nerve pain from post-hepatic neuralgia in her trigeminal nerve from shingles for ten years now. Over time she has been prescribed a multitude of different medications that would help for a short period of time and eventually stop working, leaving her in more pain each time. She's had many different injections which would bring temporary relief or make the pain even worse. We got a recommendation to see Dr John Barbour. He took the time to talk with us and was very enthusiastic and encouraging. He had a different solution that seemed to be a permanent fix through a small surgical procedure. My mom is doing amazing. The nerve pain seems to be gone. Dr John Barbour was amazing, always available and a true life saver!!

March 26th, 2017
Saved my hand
This doctor was able to fix my horrible nerve pain to my right hand. He cut out scar tissue and moved the nerve to keep the pain from coming back. I had been told there was nothing that could be done and I am so thankful that he didn't give up on me. I had been in pain for 5 years and now I am off all the medicines and can use my hand without pain.

March 19th, 2017
Wonderful and compassionate man
Dr Barbour is a very humble man. He cared for me more than any previous doctor I was referred to. He is very understanding. and listens to what patients say. I was very impressed by his ability to figure out my problem and try to find a way to help me. Most other doctors I have seen have just pushed me aside. Dr Barbour seemed to take the time to figure out my pain and suggest a new solution. And cutting out my nerve worked! He helped me more than anyone else has in the last seven years.

December 6th, 2016
He is highly skilled, professional, and you can email to get questions answered.

September 26th, 2016
Caring and kind
Dr Barbour was the fourth doctor called by the ER on a weekend, but the first that was was willing to help my child. He came the the ER on a Saturday night to put stitches in my son's forehead and was so nice and professional. I found out later he left a family event to come help my son! The cut looks amazing and he was so patient with our child, I think he is the nicest and best plastic surgeon ever.

August 18th, 2016
I saw Dr Barbour for problems after my breast surgery. He was very nice and very knowledgable. I trusted his opinion and he made me feel very comfortable. I would recommend him to anyone.

August 4th, 2016
Nerve pain fixed with surgery
I am writing this review about Dr John Barbour and his staff. They took excellent care of me and I am very grateful for all he did to help my situation. It took us four doctors to finally find one who listened to my problems and could possibly help. Every other doctor was not interested or didn't know how to help me. Dr Barbour finally was able to tell me it was a nerve problem and surgery would help me. He was right, and after surgery my pain is almost gone. His nurses and team were very helpful and always available. I have told so many people about him!!

July 29th, 2016
Greatest Doctor Ever! Absolute Best! I love him and would highly recommend him for anything!

July 29th, 2016
The first time I met Dr Barbour, I was impressed by his professional nature and the time spent with me. I had been injured in an accident and he explained explained everything he was thinking and his recommendations all made sense. Few other doctors take the time to make sure you understand what they're thinking. I fee much better after surgery, and I would definitely recommend him to anyone with nerve damage.

July 17th, 2016
First rate Doctor. Smart and humble at the same time.

June 17th, 2016
Patients mother
He is a wonderful doctor. He performed one of a kind surgery on my son. He disappeared 2 months ago and my son was suppose to follow up with him this month. The hospital (Georgetown) has not bothered to contact us and do not have a qualified doctor to do the follow up.with him. He had advance nerve surgery on a disabled hand. The doctor didn't even say good by. My son is devastated and wonders if his surgery was even done right! How does a doctor just vanish?

June 8th, 2016
Fantastic Doctor
Great doctor and even better person. I cannot say enough good things about him and his team. It is obvious they really care and treat you like a person, not a patient.