Dr. John Barbour MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Mc Lean, VA

• Good
  • Bad

June 11th, 2017
Very nice and very smart
Dr Barbour saw my father for his amputation pain several times in his office. He was very nice and eventually told my father he needed surgery to take out the nerve pain and adjust his amputation bone cut. He was right. After the surgery my father has been happier and feeling better than ever before. He went through 2 years of pain, and now it's gone. We are so glad he was able to help

May 28th, 2017
Changed My Life!!!
Dr Barbour was the doctor my therapist and my prosthetist told me to go see for my amputation pain. I was told for years that my pain would never go away. He saw me in his office and explained why he thought I was having phantom pain and why he thought another surgery would make it better. I was scared but we went through with it and I am so relieved now. I do not have the same pain I had before surgery, and I can sleep and use my leg brace now, which I could never do before. I have told my prosthetist and every amputee I know that there is a possible cure for their pains. He was so nice and he changed my life.

May 9th, 2017
Very Intelligent Doctor
I was referred to this office (and Dr Barbour in particular) for my headache pain. I was scared of getting made worse from something like surgery, and I told that to Dr Barbour from the beginning. He was very understanding. He was also very educated in the ways that nerves work and sometimes cause problems. He explained things in a way that made perfect sense, and he made sure I understood what he was saying after each explantation. That was very different than the other doctors I have seen. After 20-30 minutes of him explaining things, I trusted he knew what he was talking about and I believed his suggestions could help me. I have had a better experience with him than any other doctor for my condition, and I feel I need to express that. He is a natural calming doctor. And he treats people like they are his friends/family. To come from a doctor, much less a SURGEON, that is really rare (in my experience). I had nerve decompression and I feel better than I have in years. Please find him if you have pain. He might be able to help.

April 26th, 2017
Really nice doctor
I saw Dr Barbour for my chronic leg pain after a hip surgery. I was told there was nothing to do to help me by many doctors but my physical therapist recommended I see a plastic surgeon who specialized in nerve repair. Dr Barbour was amazing. Very nice and very understanding of my pain. And he knew EXACTLY what my pain was caused by. And he apologized that it wasn't fixed sooner. I have hugged him every time I see him, but it will never be enough. He helped me (and my family) when everyone else sent me away. Please find him if you have nerve pain after surgery.

April 26th, 2017
Helped my mother
Absolutely excellent treatment! My mom has had severe ongoing nerve pain from post-hepatic neuralgia in her trigeminal nerve from shingles for ten years now. Over time she has been prescribed a multitude of different medications that would help for a short period of time and eventually stop working, leaving her in more pain each time. She's had many different injections which would bring temporary relief or make the pain even worse. We got a recommendation to see Dr John Barbour. He took the time to talk with us and was very enthusiastic and encouraging. He had a different solution that seemed to be a permanent fix through a small surgical procedure. My mom is doing amazing. The nerve pain seems to be gone. Dr John Barbour was amazing, always available and a true life saver!!

March 26th, 2017
Saved my hand
This doctor was able to fix my horrible nerve pain to my right hand. He cut out scar tissue and moved the nerve to keep the pain from coming back. I had been told there was nothing that could be done and I am so thankful that he didn't give up on me. I had been in pain for 5 years and now I am off all the medicines and can use my hand without pain.

March 20th, 2017
Wonderful and compassionate man
Dr Barbour is a very humble man. He cared for me more than any previous doctor I was referred to. He is very understanding. and listens to what patients say. I was very impressed by his ability to figure out my problem and try to find a way to help me. Most other doctors I have seen have just pushed me aside. Dr Barbour seemed to take the time to figure out my pain and suggest a new solution. And cutting out my nerve worked! He helped me more than anyone else has in the last seven years.

December 6th, 2016
He is highly skilled, professional, and you can email to get questions answered.

September 26th, 2016
Caring and kind
Dr Barbour was the fourth doctor called by the ER on a weekend, but the first that was was willing to help my child. He came the the ER on a Saturday night to put stitches in my son's forehead and was so nice and professional. I found out later he left a family event to come help my son! The cut looks amazing and he was so patient with our child, I think he is the nicest and best plastic surgeon ever.

August 18th, 2016
I saw Dr Barbour for problems after my breast surgery. He was very nice and very knowledgable. I trusted his opinion and he made me feel very comfortable. I would recommend him to anyone.

August 4th, 2016
Nerve pain fixed with surgery
I am writing this review about Dr John Barbour and his staff. They took excellent care of me and I am very grateful for all he did to help my situation. It took us four doctors to finally find one who listened to my problems and could possibly help. Every other doctor was not interested or didn't know how to help me. Dr Barbour finally was able to tell me it was a nerve problem and surgery would help me. He was right, and after surgery my pain is almost gone. His nurses and team were very helpful and always available. I have told so many people about him!!

July 30th, 2016
Greatest Doctor Ever! Absolute Best! I love him and would highly recommend him for anything!