Dr. John Barker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 31st, 2016
He literally saved my life!
He saved my life .....literally!! I would not be here if it were not for this man right here! I had 4 surgeons turn me down do to the seriousness of my failed fusion that had come part completely and a screw broken off in my spine and another on my spinal cord as the plate was flapping loosely when I went to meet him. He did surgery the next day.

February 15th, 2016
Dr Barker is the most professional and caring doctor one can have. I have been seen him for years and always found him to be the best

September 26th, 2015
The worst mistake I have ever made, meeting Dr Barker and getting my surgery through him. I have been living in chronic pain since my surgery with Dr Barker in 2006. I have taken more pain medication than I would like to admit seen more than a handful of pain specialist and a lot of therapy. What I thought was a procedure that was going to fix my issue turned out to be a living nightmare the last 9 years of my life. I even had one doctor after many treatments take out the hardware Dr Barker placed in my neck. I have tried every procedure and pain medication but to no relief. I refuse to do marijuana but my next step is to get my nerves burned. Thank you Barker for making my life miserable and I hope you enjoyed all the money you made off of me. My value of life has decreased since I meet you. Enjoy you life as I can't enjoy mine

August 21st, 2015
Excellent Doctor and surgeon.

April 28th, 2015
The worst doctor I have ever met, and I'm a nurse. Did not correct the problem , and then over stretched the vertebrae which put me in severe muscle spasms. So severe it hospitalized me, where the on staff doctor requested him to see me and he refused. Saw him in his office where he just dismissed me, like he was God, believe me he's not... Please run do not walk away from this sorry excuse for a doctor!

March 6th, 2013
VERY disappointed in Dr. Barker and lack of care and concern.
Dr. Barker was very attentive prior to the surgery and quick to do the surgery. Then afer the surgery didn't listen to my concerns and issues. I had horrible pain and still do over a year later. I've had to see other doctors to try an figure out what was happening and have been diagnosed with brachial plexopathitis between c7 and c8 and my fusion was c5-c7. I still have a lot of nerve damage and have I called to let them know what was found and still no returned call from them. Post surgery it felt as though his job was done and any residual isses weren't of his concern. I would try to explain what was going on and he just said everything is perfect. His famous words. I would never tell anyone to go see him and won't go back myself. Offce staff was rude, he was uncaring and showed no concern for me once HIS job was done.

February 20th, 2013
Dr. Barker
Dr. Barker is terrific . I have been treated by him for the last 11 years. He has been Instrumental in improving my overall back pain. Some has been thru surgery, some thru p.t.. However the treatment, he has always treated me exceptionally well. I can name him as one of the two best dr.'s I've ever seen, and at 55 I have seen a LOT of Dr's !

October 22nd, 2012
Dr Barker is the best..he is down to earth and treats his patients like a friend not a wallet. I have been seeing him for over 6 yrs now and would not trade him for anything..KEEP UP THE WONDERFUL WORK DOC!!!

September 11th, 2012
Worst Doctor's Office Visit Ever
This was my first and last visit to Dr. Barker. When I checked in, the front desk staff were fairly pleasant. But, after waiting for 45 minutes and asking them how much longer I should expect to wait before being called back, they actually seemed perturbed that I had the audacity to ask. So I was finally called to an exam room after an hour of waiting, and when the woman who took me back made no apology or excuse for the ridiculously long wait, I said "are you always running this far behind??". Without an ounce of remorse, she said "this has been a crazy Monday". After waiting in the exam room for 15 more minutes, I finally stuck my head out the door and asked someone else how much longer it would be, because I absolutely had to get out of there and get to my other obligations. She was the only one who actually showed a little concern by saying she knew it was frustrating, but still non-apologetic. That was probably the worst part, the lack of concern and arrogance on the part of the staff. By the time Dr. Barker came in I was literally ready to explode, and I think he could sense that, so he did apologize for the wait. He proceeded to examine me and diagnose the problem within 5 minutes, no treatment necessary, and I was out the door. Now I'm in doubt about the diagnosis and am considering a second opinion, especially after the other bad reviews. I would never recommend this practice to anyone.

January 23rd, 2012
An operating nurse who has worked with Dr. Barker referred me to him when I found out I had a herniated disc. I was able to get in to see him quickly. He offered me several different options but recommended surgery because I had nerve involvement and subsequent loss of muscle control. He offered me several different dates to choose from. We agreed to the soonest possible date for surgery. It went better than I ever expected. I didn't need to take anything stronger than a Tylenol after surgery, and my chronic back pain is gone. Within just a couple weeks I regained full function of my muscles. I didn't even need physical therapy. Dr. Barker and I both jokingly agreed that I hope I never see him again. :-)Probably my only complaint about Dr. Barker is that my post-operative instructions were not very clear. I wasn't entirely sure what all I could and could not do. But other than that I would definitely recommend him to others.

September 14th, 2011
Beyond Impressed!
Cannot even begin to tell you how impressed I am with Dr. Barker. I was treated for a sports related spinal injury the end of 2010. Throughout my treatment, Dr. Barker thoroughly answered every question I had (even when I came in with a very long list) and never made me feel rushed. He validated every concern I had and was extremely thoughtful in his responses. In an extremely scary and painful time, I always left the office feeling reassured and beyond comfortable with how they were handling my treatment. I learned so many valuable pieces of advice from Dr. Barker that were instrumental in my quick recovery (and continued recovery). He really emphasized the importance of being healthy and working out during recovery (non-impact exercises like elliptical, etc.) and I know for a fact that is the number one reason I recovered as quickly as I did. When it comes to a spinal injury, it's EXTREMELY important to find an amazing physician that really addresses your concerns and never ending list of questions. Dr. Barker was that physician for me and I can't thank him enough for how much he helped me throughout my recovery process.

July 7th, 2011
After seeing him, I develpoed severe pain. I called Stephanie asking to speak to the docor. I called another two times, but he stilled failed to return my calls. No matter how good a doctor he might be, if I cannot speak to him when necessary, then he's not all that good. I went back to my original neurologist.