inactive

John Q Binhlam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

February 1st, 2016
Refusing to see patients
My husband went to Dr. Binhlam a few years ago. We have insurance but there was a mix up. Our insurance told us we did not need to pay anything. However, the doctor still billed us and turned our bill over to collections. We are talking about an amount under $30 here. Years later he needed a dermatologist so we called. They would not allow us to pay the amount due. We found out Dr. Binhlam said he did not want to see my husband again. So, you have to wonder how willing this doctor is in considering his patients needs. We certainly won't be bothering Dr. Binhlam again. And, if I were you, I would go to some other doctor.

April 13th, 2015
seems to be a long wait time after in the exam room.

March 5th, 2015
Most thorough dermatologist I have seen. Identified problems immediately.

May 31st, 2014
Misdiagnosed pre-cancerous skin lesion
I had a scaly dry area of skin under my eye which this doc said was sebacious hyperplasia...a harmless change in oil glands or something. He wanted to laser it off. It was M=millimeters under my eye. I got a second opinion at a skin cancer specialist. They scraped a sample and it was a pre-cancerious skin lesion. Got liquid chemo and it was gone, never returned. Also one of his aestheticians lasered some age spots on my hand. I developed severe burns and now have two large scars that look like raised warts near my thumb where the age spots burned and it never healed right. I don't go there anymore.

April 22nd, 2014
Business professional
Fabulous doctor! I would highly recommend!

February 15th, 2013
Worst doctor ever, set me back 12 months
A friend recommended him and i went in for a few moles, cystic acne and itchy scalp. All he would recommend for my acne was acutane. I told him i had eliminated dairy and it improved. He laughed and said there was no way diet could help my skin. For the scalp he assured me it was cradle cap and prescribed hundreds of dollars in pharmacuetical garbage. The moles he said he could remove right then; i asked how long it would take as i was a nurse and had to get to work. He assured me it would just take 15 minutes. He told me to undress and he'd be right back. Almost an hour later as i'm freezing, getting up to leave, he comes in. Took a few weeks to hear the results as he moved locations. Anyway the moral of the story is I was right, diet did help i no longer have acne or the scalp condition and if he had been a real doctor and looked at it under a microscope he would have seen candida. Too bad i believed him at first about the diet and wasted a year of life and tons of money.

February 6th, 2013
Independent contractor
Dr Binhlam is a very caring physician. He accurately diagnosed my daughter's issue with acanthoses nigricaine as associated with insulin resistance after we have spent a full year seeing other physicians and dermatologists without any resolution. Now, my daughter is being seen by an endocrinologist and her problem is getting so much better. Dr Binhlam still called to check her condition even after 2 months of seeing him. We just love Dr. Binhlam.

January 19th, 2013
Terrible, incompetent, and unprofessional. Stay away.
AVOID Dr. Binlham. He is a terrible listener, and clearly just out there to cash in on cosmetic procedures. Zero medical competence when it comes to real dermatology, no bedside manners, and makes his patients wait up to 1 hour on a regular basis. Unacceptable behavior. I will never go back.

August 3rd, 2011
Easily the best dermatologist I have ever been too! He has great bedside manners and is excellent at explaining my skin problems. I highly recommend him. He is simply wonderful when it comes to cosmetic procedures. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

May 2nd, 2011
Expect to have hours of your day wasted
My biggest complaint is that both times I have been I have waited over 2 hours to see the doctor. In addition, he only spent about 5 minutes (if that) and did very little in the way of re-assuring or advising against skin cancer, etc. Will not be back.

November 2nd, 2010
Always ridiculously late
Everytime I've been to this doctor he's been over an hour late. Interesting that there are signs in the lobby telling patients that if they are 20 minutes late they will have to reschedule. What about the doctor wasting everyone's time? I've consistently waited in a cold exam room, sitting in the little gown, for minimum one hour, last time it was almost 1 1/2 hours. I won't be back to this office.

January 21st, 2010
Every time I see Dr. Binhlam I always have to make sure I have a few magazines or a big book because I always have to wait for him to come in. During my most recent visit I waited for 40 minutes for the doctor to come in and during my appointment he decided to finish eating his lunch. He didn't listen to anything I had to say and seemed like he was in a hurry. I WILL NEVER EVER recommend anybody to Dr. Binhlam. I would rather have a doctor who listened to me and took their time to explain things to me as opposed to someone who uses my appointment time as his lunch break and leaves his nurse to determine my prescription.