Dr. John Birbari Jr MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Fort Worth, TX

June 26th, 2016
Thyroidectomy
Dr. Birbari was very kind and courteous, took the time to thoroughly explain the procedure, and asked if I had any questions or concerns. He has a great bedside manner, and his assurance before surgery set me at ease. I appreciate his professionalism.

May 18th, 2015
gallbladder surgery
After a routine gallbladder surgery Dr. Barbari said he saw small pieces of stone or trash in my bile duct. He decided to run a dye test to look for obstruction and poked a hole in my duct with the dye needle causing bile leakage and considerable pain. A stent was put in to stop the leakage by way of an endoscopy procedure with another Doctor. Pancreatitis became the next issue and a week long stay to manage the pain. Doctor Barbari described me as a one of a kind patient (a unicorn) and left it at that. The two week stay at the hospital was costly ($3023.00 out of pocket after insurance) so be wary of Dr. Barbari.

January 8th, 2015
Great person, very professional as a surgeon

December 23rd, 2014
Dr Birabari is an awesome DR! He did laparoscopic heller myotome surgery. I highly recommend him

November 27th, 2012
compassionate doctor
Good doctor's are few and far between. I loved Dr. Birbari...he has a wonderful bedside manner and he is up front and honest.

November 16th, 2012
Dr. Barbari was wonderful. He took my case on emergency basis and as far as I am concerned he saved my life. He was kind , courteous and sympathetic. He was always pleasant and always made me feel like he was concerned about me.

August 30th, 2012
Made me feel like his only job was to cut
He is a good surgeon. He knows how to cut and did a great job removing my gallbladder. What he lacked was the desire to help when at the follow-up apt I advised that the surgery did not fix the issue. I was aware that it was a 50/50 shot, however he removed the organ (with no actual indication that the gallbladder was the culprit) and when it was determined that it did not fix the pain he made it very known that his only job was to cut not to figure out what the issue was. If you have a cut and dry procedure he is amazing at his job but if you have a more complicated issue I would seek a surgeon with a better desire to heal patients.

March 29th, 2010
would recommend!
I recently had hernia surgery and would definately recommend Dr. Birbari. He is very kind and understanding and takes the time to listen and answer questions. The new lapriscopic surgery is pretty amazing.