A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Birk:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Birk is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Birk
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Birk, FACG, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Clinical Research
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Birk graduated from New York University - Mount Sinai.
Dr. Birk has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of Connecticut Health Center
- John Dempsey Hospital Of The University Of Connecticut Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Waldemar Birk FACG and MD is a male Internist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John W. Birk practice?
- Dr. John Birk has 1 office location.
Dr. John Birk practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Farmington, CT.
See Farmington Internists and Farmington Gastroenterologists.