Dr. John Bissell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Bissell?

Insomnia

Get the facts about insomnia, including the different types, who gets it, and what causes it.

Have you seen Dr. John Bissell?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

July 25th, 2017

I did like Kami Taylor who had taken care of my needs and my last visit she was gone. The office staff is by no means very friendly and with Kami gone not sure what to do about returning. Dr. Bissell is just not very personal when I have seen him and very blunt. I had decided to continue as long as Kami was there, she treated me as a person not just a patient, the office manager wasn't very impressionable either. I wish I didn't need a Dr. for help with the pain. Michael Lafayette used to take care of me for 20 years, about, but he retired. I can't give this office a high number I'm sure they know what their doing but they sure could do some work on reaching their patients personal/emotional needs as well as their medical needs. Hard enough to deal with pain, real pain. I understand the pressure this field is under and they need to be careful maybe if I go back I will try and talk to the Dr. about how I feel. I give up on the office. Our society is moving away from kindness, compassionate, etc. But if you don't see it in your Dr. the meds for pain and the treatment you get is almost mechanical, even though needed.

May 1st, 2017

really excellent team of doctors and nurses.they always make me feel welcome, and way better in all of my horrible painful days , from my very first appointment to the last one. awesome people

excellent doctors,nice ,kind ,compassionate and very professional. i will recommended 100% this pain management office. if you are a patient who needs help .they will happily help u. u have got to be a responsible ,honest and play by the rules kind of person. god bless this guys.

August 12th, 2016

Dr Bissell now has an NP working with him. She is very good a dn listens to what you have to say. First few times I saw him I thought he was a little strange but the last few times he as been attentive. Seems to really care. Maybe having the NP around has relieved some of his stress. They always do a drug screen. Was accused of using an illegal drug was told the test could be wrong. Sure enough it was wrong. Be careful about going to the ER or having surgery with another provider for some reason. You must inform them as soon as you can. They are treating your pain and need to know. Staff is good for the most part till it comes to insurance. Tricare now has a policy where you need to have your PCM refer you back to specialists like every 6 months or so. And if they request procedures Tricare may deny. Be on top of this because the off staff is not. They won't even call to let you know. Make sure long before you are seen that you do have an authorization. If not, contact your PCM to refer you back.

April 14th, 2015

I am very pleased with Dr. Bissell's care; the staff are helpful and supportive.

October 1st, 2014

BEWARE

The absolute worst doctor experience of my life. DO NOT RECOMMENDED!!! He has the bedside manner of someone about to do a lethal injection. Spoke to me like I was a child. One visit was enough to figure out that this legalized drug dealer had no interest in my care.

August 19th, 2013

I would not reccommed this Dr and we did not even go to our appointment. Waited 2 months for an appointment and 90 mins before our scheduled appointment the very rude office person Linda stated they would not see us because they were having problems with tricare billing not even related to us. Even though I have a letter stating I am authorized care through active duty tricare without an authorization number and their office accepts Tricare. They refused to treat us while acknowledging they were well aware of the valid authorization. Clearly based on this comment and the others on this site, this Dr's office is only focused on money and not the needs of any patient. Will report this Dr to every available outlet. This Dr does not support its military members in my opinion. STAY AWAY!! I would have given a zero for courteous staff but 1 was the lowest option.

June 18th, 2013

In need of a Doctor

Finally, went in today for my first appointment after waiting for a painful 3 weeks! As I was called "back" to a cubicle I was told that my spouse was not allowed to enter and this was their policy! I made contact several times and went in the day before to pick up the paperwork and it was never disclosed that this was policy! I was so upset that I could not keep the appointment as I realized that this was starting off in a negative fashion and this was my long-term care and support that I would be requesting. I knew that this was not the person to do this! As I calmly requested my return of my co-pay the office manager was consistent just as she had been on the telephone with me indifferent and curt! I thought for a moment and asked myself what if I had a head injury or in my case forgetfulness and could not inform my wife to all the information the doctor was giving me? What then? I stated I was sorry for their lack of indifference and quietly made my way out of their office.

October 30th, 2012

What a joke.

I would NEVER recommend him to anyone I know. He was recommended to me by a past patient who also had a bad experience with him but said he was a good pain doc to try. I have suffered from back pain for a very long time and once my MRI results were back, he bluntly tells me that regardless of the results there is nothing that can be done for my condition and I just need to deal with the pain and be very active. He did put me on 3 different meds for pain control of which all three I had been on previous but 2 of which did not help. When I told him of the dosages I had been on previous he looked at me as if I had 3 heads and told me I was lying. I took the meds as prescribed and the next month went in for my monthly visit. I submitted for a drug screen and he comes back into the room telling me I tested positive for cocaine and that he was confident that I had a cocaine addiction and needed rehab. I kept telling him that his test was incorrect and insisted on another but he refused and said my test would be submitted for further testing but he was confident that it would come back positive. It took over a week to hear back and when I finally did, to no surprise it was negative but I did not receive any apology for his accusations. When I did speak to him he told me he was still holding me in non compliance with my contract with him because of something the ER had treated me with even though it was nowhere on my contract that I could not be treated with a certain medication at an ER. Now he has released me as a patient and refuses to listen to what I was telling him about the medications and the other issues. He said he believed that I purposefully kept information from him when I didn't in fact I called his office shortly after I left the day of my last appointment to inform them of the medication the ER gave me that I forgot to tell him about when I was in. Honest mistake on my part but obviously not to him, he made it seem as if I was just a liar. He even went as far as telling me that he should report me to the DEA but he wouldn't so I should feel lucky. As far as bedside manner and his attitude all together he is very rude.

October 19th, 2012

Go somewhere else!

I was a patient of Dr. bissells for 6 months. in 6 months, I only saw him directly three times. the last time was to belittle me because I had allergies to a handful of medications. He also, again, said I had the wrong diagnosis, and when I tried to correct him, I was wrong. He says he cares, but how can a doctor care who doesn't directly see you for months and can't even remember your condition with notes in front of him. Also, if he doesn't think of any alternate treatments or you put up ideas that are not his, you are wrong.

September 18th, 2012

If all these people think he is so awful than why don't they sign there name to the nasty comments they have made about a very good doctor. No he's not Markus Welby as far as bed side manner but he deffinetly knows his medicine. You people are nothing but arogant and insulting and obviously unwilling to say who you are.

May 5th, 2012

Dr Bissell is a bit abrupt with his bedside manner, but he's not uncaring. He is a little hard to get a read on, but he knows what he's doing. I've had several spinal nerve injections from him and numeruos trigger point injections and have recieved relief from most of them. I've had the same procedures done in another state at a pain clinic with great docs and a good reputation and Dr Bissell is on par with them. You can't get it right with the injections a 100% of the time, no matter how good you are. That is the nature of the human anatomy. As far as him pushing or withholding drugs-I just don't see that when I visit him. He asks if I need anything for pain and if I say no, that's the end of it. If I say yes, he listens to me and prescribes according to what's going on with me. I would recommend him to friends, but caution them not to assume he's uncaring by his "beside manner". He also did a very through evalaution on me my first visit, just didn't go on what I said was bothering me or what was done to me at the last pain clinic I went to.

March 25th, 2011

terrible doctor

Do not visit this doctor!