Dr. John Blackman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Blackman?

September 11th, 2015

Great Doctor

My wife is a patient with Dr. Blackman. Dr. Blackman treats her for Addison's Disease. We know very little about this disease. Dr. Blackman is so caring to my wife. We consider him a family member.

September 1st, 2015

Patient

I have seen Dr. Blackman for by diabetes for several years. He is an excellent physican. He takes time each appointment to discuss my condition and future treatment. He genuinely appears to care about my wellfare. He listens to what I have to say.

June 3rd, 2015

Great Physician!

I have been seeing Dr. Blackman for 16 years for Graves Disease. He has always spent time with me during my appointments so that he can answer all of my questions. He has even followed up with me by phone and arranged referrals to other specialists when needed. I think his specialty is diabetes, but he has always been extremely well informed about thyroid issues.

May 22nd, 2013

The Best Doctor in Columbus

When I first went to him my blood sugar was well in 500's after 30 days he got it under control all the Questions I had for Him He answered and Spent lots of Time talking about my Problems and How I could Fix it I Must say I have had diabetes Since birth Only to be shipped from Doctor to doctor Go to him Once and Wham He Knows What he is doing If I Ever have any Issues I feel I can call his office and I am Seen or Someone is working with me o help fix what I need Never once have I Ever had any Script Problems 1 call and it is there 10 min later I Have even had to call his office after hours He calls Back with in 15 min I was like Wow He has called me after hours to check on me That shows how much he cares for us I will NEVER be leaving that office anytime soon I hope he is around for Lots of years To Come!!!!

April 10th, 2012

Dr. Blackman was my endocronologist for roughly 8 years. I have the highest respect for him as he listened to me and allowed me time to ask questions. Due to a job relocation, sadly I won't be his patient any longer.

January 21st, 2012

This doctor is more concerned about money then the health of his patients.It's nearly impossible to talk to his medical assistant and/or nurse when you need to. I just changed doctor and must say that I now feel in good hands. You don't know what you are missing untill you get it. Good bye!

January 14th, 2012

Very caring doctor who takes the time to spend with you answering your questions. Great bedside manner; very professional; Great overall doctorWonderful Staff.

August 10th, 2011

Caring Doctor

He explains all options and seems to really care about you as a person. He doesn't override you in a conversation and he will answer all your questions. Overall, he is one of the few that actually care.

March 9th, 2011

A great Doc!

Dr. Blackman always takes time to understand the issue, is caring, engages in conversation and answers questions.

March 2nd, 2011

I am a type I juvenile diabetic and have been a patient of Dr. Blackman for 12 years. He has always provided excellent care, spent plenty of time answering my questions, and cares very deeply for his patients.

December 1st, 2010

refused to answer questions etc

He is a gland specialist and could not tell me the size of a normal thyroid (I had a goiter).He was nice at first and then rapidly became irritated at my questions refusing to answer them. I am a diabetic who had numbers in the 300-600 plus range, but got my diabetes in control with lifestyle changes where I had a normal a1c just before seeing him and in the office.As soon as he saw this, he changed as I assume he did not see me as a money maker or that was the sense I got. After that, he could not wait to get me out of there and his body language and facial expressions showed this and then he abruptly ending the session and left the room refusing to answer questions or offer any help. He did not answer a single question but one or two that I can recall or no more than 10% of them. I had went to a specialist as my doctor did not tell me anything about diabetes which is a serious disease one needs to be informed about. Every single question I had on the diabetes or the thyroid but one or two minor one, he said "you will have to ask your family doctor that question" who I had asked and gotten not much at all and that is why I went there with hopes of gaining info about my questions, but it got so that is how he answered nearly every question I asked. That is why I went to a supposed expert. Although the staff was great, he had a terrible bedside manner and seemed to either not know anything or desired to not waste his time answering my questions as he did not see me as a future patient. Since my home glucose tests are still high despite my normal a1cs, I needed to know why and I anticipate needing an endocrinologist in the future. I let very upset and in the waiting room on my way out thought I will never go to this horrible, uncaring doctor again. When I came on here months later looking for a doctor with good ratings, I thought of how awful I was treated (he had a veneer of friendliness that quickly faded) and what a colossal waste of time going to him was that I decided to rate this doctor. I feel I could have got the same info from some guy on the street for all the info he gave me. I was desperate for answers to several questions and he was no help at all. My ideal doctor is knowledgeable, answers questions or spend time with you and has a excellent and caring bedside manner. Dr Blackman appeared to me at least to have none of these traits. Thank God there are other options out there as I hope to never return here. I would be very scared if I was really in trouble with this disease and had to depend on this doctor for help. I had asked 3 doctors before him what the size of a normal thyroid was when I was told mine was enlarged and not one doctor knew but I thought surely a specialist in the glands would know this but he didn't and seemed embarrassed by this. But beyond that he was very transparent in his attitude that I was a waste of his valuable time and who wants to go to a doctor who makes you feel like that.

February 17th, 2009

I'm been with Dr. Blackman for 14 years. He cares deeply for his patients.