Dr. John Blaha MD Patient Reviews

June 7th, 2015
too old to operate

April 21st, 2015
caring doctor
Very thorough in all exams & explanations.

August 16th, 2011
One of the best! Awesome bedside manner. Competent. I chose him because of experience with hip resurfacing. My situation made it a more complicated solution, but he made it work.

July 28th, 2011
Love this doc
I chose Dr Blaha because of he was one of the few doctors in this country (at that time) that was trained in hip resurfacing. When I met with him, he sat right down and drew a picture of what hip resurfacing would do to my hip and I could see immediately that it was not for me. He said he could replace the hip the conventional way but that was up to me, I felt no pressure to have it done. However, with the experiences I had with 2 previous orthopedic doctors, I felt confidant I had found the right doctor and scheduled the surgery. After surgery I swore I would never go through another but after PT and a few months of NO pain, I scheduled the other hip for the next year. Dr Blaha always took time with me, answered all my questions, had a great bedside manner and the follow-up appointments were always within 15 minutes of the scheduled time.

September 19th, 2010
Partial Knee Replacement Surgery Did NOT Help
I had my knee surgery in 2004. To this day I am in pain more often than not. When I see the doctor they basically tell me that mechanically there is nothing wrong so this is as good as it gets. When a patient ends up in more pain after a major surgery like partial knee replacement surgery they do not want to hear that their pain level is never going to be less than 7 or 8 on a scale of 10. This doctor is condescending, arrogant and one actually is allowed to be in his presence for all if five minutes if you are lucky. How this minute amount of time affords him the ability to determine whether my pain level is normal is beyond me. If given the option of having the surgery again, I definitely would not do it. I am unable to shop for groceries for more than ten to fifteen minutes per trip before the pain is intractable and I must leave. Tell me thar is normal? No way!

September 4th, 2010
Full Femur
To say my problem was uniqie is an understatement...Doc, without your excellent suggestions, ideas and surgery I'd still be in a wheelchair and not walking normally. People marvel when I tell them what you did for me.Thanks you seems hardly enough...