Internist, Pulmonologist (lungs)

1.0

Completely wrong diagnosis show details Completely wrong diagnosis
Dec 13th, 2013

I was coughing and having trouble breathing. Dr. Bolds spent about 5 minutes with me, looked at my xrays and told me I had emphysema and had about 5 years to live, there was nothing he could do, and he walked out of the exam room. I've never smoked and in my gut, I just knew he was wrong. I did some research and found National Jewish Hospital in Denver, the best of the best in the area of pulmonary disease. At National Jewish, Dr. Ellis looked at my scans and xrays as soon as I walked in his office. Within 10 seconds, he said, "You don't have emphysema. You've got SOMETHING, but it's not emphysema." Turns out, I had hypersensitivity pneumonitis, an interstitial lung disease. After lots of Prednisone for about six months, it's been 13 years I'm alive and well! My only problem now is the scar tissue in my lower lungs. If Dr. Bolds had taken the time to correctly diagnose me, I may have avoided the scarring. So, I strongly DO NOT RECOMMEND Dr. Bolds in the area of pulmonary disease and highly recommend National Jewish in Denver. Those doctors are the real experts in this area.