A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Boockvar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Boockvar, Neurological Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Boockvar, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Pituitary Diseases
- Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Boockvar graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Boockvar has 12 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Boockvar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John A. Boockvar practice?
Dr. John Boockvar practices Neurological Surgery near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Brooklyn, NY.
See New York Neurological Surgeons.