Dr. John Boockvar MD Patient Reviews

• 10 reviews

January 24th, 2016
He saved my life

January 5th, 2016
Great doctor. I would recommend him

November 3rd, 2015
Dr Boockvar was extremely easy to talk to. He spent time explaining procedure and answering all our questions fully. Very encouraging but yet pulled no punches. His staff is beyond wonderful. I feel we were very fortunate to find this Dr.

June 9th, 2015
Dr. Boockvar and his entire staff especially his nurse practitioners are the best

April 18th, 2013
Excellent surgery
Dr. Boockvar took me as a transfer for GBM surgery at my internist's request. He did an excellent job--resecting, I'm told "all" of it--and just one month out, I'm back at work. The quality of his surgery is a key factor in me having a positive prognosis. I can highly recommend Dr. Boockvar.

October 20th, 2012
He saved me
When no other doctor wanted to touch my spinal tumor, Dr. Bookvar was the one to take on my case. He saved me, and put me on the road to good health. I couldn't walk without pain before the surgery. Post surgery, I am now on the road to recovery, Off all meds and almost 100% pain free. Healing takes time so be patient. Work hard at your part in the recovery process, with physical therapy and emotional healing. This was no day at the beach for sure, however, I am now doing everything I did befor this happened to me, and I am thankful for myblessings daily.

July 16th, 2012
horrible
At noon.Follow up at visit after spinal stenosis lumbar laminectomy surgery. I develope a fluid pocket. On this visit he withdraw several tubs of fluid,on the last tube he withdraw spinal fluid. This send me in to serve headaches, neck pain and body changes. I cried and scream for help Dr Bookvar and his RN Sherese Fralin left me in the office alone in pain. About five minutes Dr Bookvar came back in the office and stated it would take two hours for EMS to get me and he and his nurse left me alone and in serve pain for hours. I was unattended for hours, EMS arrival came and I was admitted at 4:47 PM, Emergency. Is that good care?

April 15th, 2012
an amazing neurosurgeon
an amazing experience and glad I had him as my spinal fusion surgery. he gave me the utmost confidence in his ability without being arrogant. I recommend him to anyone needing a professional experienced neurosurgeon.

February 17th, 2011
Bad choice
Besides the rating scale above. I really doubted his professional expertise after the office visit. His decision seems to be driven by business rather than medical. I think he is a business man more than a doctor. After a year of the visit, I am glad not to follow his advice for the surgery.

June 12th, 2010
Beautiful Wonderful Soul
Dr.John Boockvar - what can I say - no words could express his expertize and he has a heart of gold - this man was sent from heaven - he is the most wonderful doctor I have ever met in my life - he took care of my sister and I thank him so so much - his expertize is amazing - God knew what he was doing when he created this man. We love you doctor Boockvar Thank you so much.