A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Bookwalter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Bookwalter is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Bookwalter, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Bookwalter graduated from Loyola University Chicago, Maywood.
Dr. Bookwalter has 22 hospital affiliations:
- Forbes Regional Hospital
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John William Bookwalter MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 35 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John W. Bookwalter practice?
- Dr. John Bookwalter has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Bookwalter practices Neurological Surgery near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Indiana, PA.
See Pittsburgh Neurological Surgeons.