General Surgeon
Video profile

|  Simply the best!  |  show details
by Sheila J on May 10th, 2013

Dr. Boskind performed a colon resection on my Mother and then later on he did a reversal surgery. He is one of the best and most well rounded surgeons I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. My Mom was very ill when she was admitted to the hospital through the emergency room and Doctor Boskind had to treat her with antibiotics, etc to get her well enough to withstand the surgery. His professionalism, expertise, bedside manner, and kindness to me as Mom's caregiver were all a cut above any other surgeon I have ever met. We are healthy people but should any reason arise where a surgeons care is needed we will be calling on Dr Boskind again. John if you read this......we were up on the 7th floor where your old office was the other day and we were very sad that you were not there. We did not know you had moved and frankly this review is a result of having done a google search just to see if your office had moved! THANK GOODNESS you are still in Hermitage! You are the BEST!

Apr 17th, 2012

Dr Boskind listened to me and gave me plenty of time to decribe my health issue he did not rush me through the appt. I will need to see him again and that is a okay because I believe he cares and will get me through this condition. he has a great personality.

Dec 7th, 2011

As nice as Dr. Boskind seems, I believe he's responsible for my husband getting an infection after he did surgery. A nurse at the hospital even hinted around about it once but wouldn't repeat it when I asked questions. Also, when my husband had his 3rd surgery, Dr. Boskind didn't reinforce the area that he had cut open for the 3rd time & my husbands staples/stiches started coming loose, so there was a 4th surgery to reinforce it! 2 out of 4 surgeries were unnecessary if the job had been done correctly as far as I'm concerned! How does one get infected from surgery? Unclean hands, surgery equipment not sterilized, not sewing the patient up correctly? After all, the reason for the infection was because bile was leaking into my hubby's body! Because of complications, my hubby had to visit Dr. Boskind's office quite a lot even after he went home. It seemed Dr. Boskind became more uncaring the more he had to go see him. And I received 1 phone call from Dr. Boskind the whole time my hubby was in the hospital and that was after he came back from vacation & found out about the infection & surgery hubby had to have done while he was away. Dr. Thomas did the 2nd surgery that saved hubby's life & Dr. Thomas called me every single day if I wasn't there at the hospital when he came in to let me know what was going on. Made me feel so much better because of trying to keep my job but also be there for my hubby. I suggested to my hubby to change doctors after the infection but hubby's stubborn & not as smart as I am. But after the 4th surgery, he even said he never wanted to go back to him. I'd love to have Dr. Thomas for a doctor because he truly cares for his patients, at least I would think he does since he cared about a patient that wasn't even his patient! But I'd be afraid that something might happen while he wasn't on call or on vacation & I'd have Dr. Boskind fill in instead! Scary!

|  Awesome Doctor !!!  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2011

Dr Boskind was the most knowledgeable, caring surgeon I have ever met! His staff is warm and friendly and made me feel at home. I wish every office was like his!

|  Stay Away!!!  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

Dr.Boskind is very rude and doesn't take the time to answer questions. When I asked him questions he acted as though it was a stupid question and talked down to me. I would not ever go to him again or recommend him to anyone. He has a God like complex and thinks he knows it all.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2011

Dr Boskind is an excellent doctor, very caring and knowledgeable

Feb 23rd, 2011

Dr. Boskind is a very nice doctor. Listened and answered all of my questions.I would highly recommend this doctor.

Jun 2nd, 2010

Outstanding, truly caring physician - tremendous bedside manner