Dr. John Boswell III Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. John Boswell III?

Patient

Posted on June 9th, 2016

Good doctor

Posted on October 23rd, 2014

Liked him

very satisfied

Posted on May 19th, 2014

I have seen Dr Boswell for 16 years. He is very professional and does not over medicate. When I feel my medications are not right he listens to me carefully and asks all of the right questions to better understand my situation. He is very calm non reactive and understanding. I am an adult but I have seen him since childhood and believe he is great at what he does. I would recommend him for both children and adults.

Refused to see younger sibling (after long wait) because older adult sib was irresponsible e

Posted on April 23rd, 2012

My younger (very needy) son was unable to see Dr. Boswell reportedly because his much older sibling had failed to turn up for one or more appointments. This older son 22 yr. old (very disturbed), had not been living with us for several years and I was not a party to any arrangements. This was especially disappointing (probably more than merely unethical) because we had seen a private psychologist in his practice exclusively because it was a necessary prerequisite to get in with Dr. Boswell. We were only informed of Dr. Boswell's refusal after (unsatisfactory) months with the Ph.D. psychologist. It is possible that the psychologist himself lied to us, however. I later discovered he had on more than one occasion about other issues.

Posted on November 20th, 2010

He is a very good psychiatrist. He listens well and take a sensible approach to prescribing medication. I highly recommend him.

unimpressed.

Posted on September 3rd, 2010

did not listen, overmedicated (adderal) a bipolar child, released child in unstable, unable to sleep state. We ended up in ER second night son was home. Stopped adderall (told nurse on phone I was going to stop adderall, nurse yelled at me). Later checked with ER and other doctors, said adderall could be stopped. Boswell never returned phone calls. I was very unimpressed. (all literature says do not use stimulant until mood destablizer has been used for a while, when i brought that up, he blew me off..."you want you kid to concentrate at school don't you" yes I did, but son ended up in partial (day) program and missed 1/2 of school year due to the adderall overprescription. We luckily had a good psychiatrist there who slowed down the med prescription plans.

great for children

Posted on October 20th, 2009

Great doctor in state college for child psychiatry. Dr. Boswell will not overmedicate. He has a mild manner about him and is somewhat quiet, but very professional and caring.

Posted on April 11th, 2017