Dr. John Boswell III MD Patient Reviews

Good doctor
Liked him

May 19th, 2014
very satisfied
I have seen Dr Boswell for 16 years. He is very professional and does not over medicate. When I feel my medications are not right he listens to me carefully and asks all of the right questions to better understand my situation. He is very calm non reactive and understanding. I am an adult but I have seen him since childhood and believe he is great at what he does. I would recommend him for both children and adults.

April 23rd, 2012
Refused to see younger sibling (after long wait) because older adult sib was irresponsible e
My younger (very needy) son was unable to see Dr. Boswell reportedly because his much older sibling had failed to turn up for one or more appointments. This older son 22 yr. old (very disturbed), had not been living with us for several years and I was not a party to any arrangements. This was especially disappointing (probably more than merely unethical) because we had seen a private psychologist in his practice exclusively because it was a necessary prerequisite to get in with Dr. Boswell. We were only informed of Dr. Boswell's refusal after (unsatisfactory) months with the Ph.D. psychologist. It is possible that the psychologist himself lied to us, however. I later discovered he had on more than one occasion about other issues.

November 20th, 2010
He is a very good psychiatrist. He listens well and take a sensible approach to prescribing medication. I highly recommend him.

September 3rd, 2010
unimpressed.
did not listen, overmedicated (adderal) a bipolar child, released child in unstable, unable to sleep state. We ended up in ER second night son was home. Stopped adderall (told nurse on phone I was going to stop adderall, nurse yelled at me). Later checked with ER and other doctors, said adderall could be stopped. Boswell never returned phone calls. I was very unimpressed. (all literature says do not use stimulant until mood destablizer has been used for a while, when i brought that up, he blew me off..."you want you kid to concentrate at school don't you" yes I did, but son ended up in partial (day) program and missed 1/2 of school year due to the adderall overprescription. We luckily had a good psychiatrist there who slowed down the med prescription plans.

October 20th, 2009
great for children
Great doctor in state college for child psychiatry. Dr. Boswell will not overmedicate. He has a mild manner about him and is somewhat quiet, but very professional and caring.