Dr. John Boydstun MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Galesburg, IL

3.1

October 19th, 2015
Great Physician
Dr. Boydstun responded very quickly to my symptoms (gallstones). He is an expert at diagnosing problems and very quick to order the correct medical tests and procedures. He is a very kind and compassionate doctor who strives to communicate clearly so the average person can understand. His nurse(s) and team were great to schedule me on the day of my call because of the pain I was experiencing. I am so thankful that the ERCP procedure was scheduled without delay. What a great doctor as I recommend him highly for his medical knowledge and skill. A 5+ rating on your listing puts Dr. Boydstun at the top of the list for me.

May 14th, 2014
Such A Relief
After having two gastro docs that told me I was fine when my path report and endoscopy report clearly said I was not fine, I was literally holding my breath hoping Dr. Boydstun would be different. I was so relieved after meeting him. I could tell right away he was a great specialist. He was awesome. He talked with me at great length for over an hour about my Barretts Esophagus and IBS. He explained things to me that I didn't understand before and he was very easy to talk to. He also had a good sense of humor which put me very much at ease. I am overwhelmed with emotions because I finally found someone who put my mind at ease over my illness. I can't thank you enough Dr. Boydstun. As an important added note, his nurse was very nice also.

February 20th, 2013
Worst ever visit to a dr.
What i disliked most about this Dr. was everything. He was quick to judge me due to the fact I was on medication for post partum depression, he said "that is a pretty hefty dose of zoloft you are on" i was only 50mg. Then he told me that there was nothing wrong and it was just the stress of being a new mom. He then had me lay down and pushed around on my stomach and it was hurting and he told me that every one was tender there. He was really persistent that nothing was wrong with me and that i can be on zofran a miralax the rest of my life and he has no problem with that. But thank goodness for my regular doctor because now i found out that my gall bladder is barely functioning, and i am showing signs of gastroperisis. I do not recommend him if you are sensitive, or even if you have any gastrointestinal problems. The only things he was good at is that it was a fast appointment in and out but obviously that is not a benefit in this case, and his nurse was nice. but im not here to rate her its the dr.