Dr. John Brophy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

November 7th, 2016
Rudest Dr I've ever come in contact with!!!
This was the most arrogant, cocky, uncaring, inconsiderate Dr I've ever seen. I would not recommend him to anyone. My husband got hurt at work and he told him he had a ruptured disc BUT if he wanted it fixed it was all on him and out of his pocket. He said he don't think he did it at work and had the nerve to tell him just to go exercise!! Seriously?! I'll pray for him because that's exactly what he needs. I just don't want anyone else to go through what we've been through this past year.

October 27th, 2016
Great doctor / surgeon
Dr Brophy took time to explain my medical situation and made sure I understood everything. He did my surgery, and it was successful. He cares for his patients, giving them the best care possible. Definitely recommend him!

October 13th, 2016
I had the absolute best service. I was nervous going to this appointment knowing I was in my early 40s and I had to have back surgery. 2 rods and 4 screws later, this was probably one of the best decisions I have made!

September 28th, 2016
Worthless including his staff. Needing to be turned into the state board of healing arts. I have to go through my private insurance to fix what he should have done.

July 29th, 2016
If WC injury run the other way!
Wish I had read this site before selecting him from the wc panel! As indicated by others if over 50 hang it up, he will tell you the injury is not work related period. No amount of opinions or tests will convince him otherwise. He is a disgrace to his profession. He will lie in his reports, he will then lie to your face and claim clerical errors. Bring a tape recorder and a witness to every appointment! He will let the case worker dictate his treatment. He is Always Always Always on the WC carriers side. Horriblebly rude and short with his answers and changes the subject when confronted. My wc lawyer says he is the absolute worst Dr he has to deal with. You have been warned!

May 30th, 2016
An Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Brophy is an excellent surgeon. He was direct and succinct with his diagnosis and presented clear and accurate options. Two years after surgery, I have no lasting symptoms and can thank Dr. Brophy directly for the outcome.

May 20th, 2016
Rude, obnoxious liar
Went to see Dr. Brophy after my worker's comp doctor informed me that my back was the worst he has ever seen. He sent me for and ESI and I returned back to him after 3 weeks and I was still in excruciating pain. He told me that there was no reason for me to have surgery even though my mri showed 3 bulging disc and 2 pinched nerves. He sent me back to work and told me to walk and lose weight. I went back to see the original worker's comp doctor and he told me there was no way I could return to work with my back the way it is. Needless to say I lost my worker's comp and my job. I went back to him 3 months later because I was getting worse and my lawyer set up the appointment. He told me that I was getting worse but there was still nothing I could do. This man needs to have his medical license revoked and never be able to put anyone else through what he has put me through. I recieved my medical records from him and he had lied in them numerous times. My family doctor is now treating me for the pain and I am waiting on my hearing date with worker's comp. DO NOT SEE THIS DR.

May 4th, 2016
He brought me back from a condition that would've left me partially paralyzed on the right side of my body.

February 20th, 2016
DR. Brophy has been an absolute great doctor. Although I am still having issues he continues to try to get me back to normal. He is highly professional, down to earth, and very educated in many different aspects. He has shown me compassion and honest concern and care for me. He is truly one of the best doctors I have ever met and would recommend him to anyone.

January 6th, 2016
Nurse needing back surgery
I have been a nurse for over 25 years and when I needed back surgery. Dr. Brophy was recommended to me by another neurosurgeon. The Brophy is good and very professional.

April 9th, 2015
He's a workman comp doctor only cares about them! Doesn't care at all about you

February 8th, 2015
Great surgeon, do not like his bedside manner