Dr. John Brophy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Brophy?

November 7th, 2016

Rudest Dr I've ever come in contact with!!!

This was the most arrogant, cocky, uncaring, inconsiderate Dr I've ever seen. I would not recommend him to anyone. My husband got hurt at work and he told him he had a ruptured disc BUT if he wanted it fixed it was all on him and out of his pocket. He said he don't think he did it at work and had the nerve to tell him just to go exercise!! Seriously?! I'll pray for him because that's exactly what he needs. I just don't want anyone else to go through what we've been through this past year.

October 28th, 2016

Great doctor / surgeon

Dr Brophy took time to explain my medical situation and made sure I understood everything. He did my surgery, and it was successful. He cares for his patients, giving them the best care possible. Definitely recommend him!

Doctor's Response

Elizabeth, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with John D. Brophy. We are so glad that Dr. Brophy took such great care of you and that you are doing well after your surgery.

October 13th, 2016

I had the absolute best service. I was nervous going to this appointment knowing I was in my early 40s and I had to have back surgery. 2 rods and 4 screws later, this was probably one of the best decisions I have made!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We appreciate your positive review and we're glad that Dr. Brophy was able to help you!

September 28th, 2016

Worthless including his staff. Needing to be turned into the state board of healing arts. I have to go through my private insurance to fix what he should have done.

July 29th, 2016

If WC injury run the other way!

Wish I had read this site before selecting him from the wc panel! As indicated by others if over 50 hang it up, he will tell you the injury is not work related period. No amount of opinions or tests will convince him otherwise. He is a disgrace to his profession. He will lie in his reports, he will then lie to your face and claim clerical errors. Bring a tape recorder and a witness to every appointment! He will let the case worker dictate his treatment. He is Always Always Always on the WC carriers side. Horriblebly rude and short with his answers and changes the subject when confronted. My wc lawyer says he is the absolute worst Dr he has to deal with. You have been warned!

Doctor's Response

Hi Michael, we appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback in regard to Dr. Brophy. The staff at Semmes Murphey takes our reviews very seriously. We would love to discuss this further with you and gain more insight into the situation. Our Director of Operations, Karen Adams would love to hear from you. She can be reached at 901.522.7724. Thank you.

May 31st, 2016

An Excellent Surgeon

Dr. Brophy is an excellent surgeon. He was direct and succinct with his diagnosis and presented clear and accurate options. Two years after surgery, I have no lasting symptoms and can thank Dr. Brophy directly for the outcome.

Doctor's Response

Mike, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you are doing well and that Dr. Brophy took such good care of you. Thank you from Semmes Murphey and Dr. Brophy!

May 20th, 2016

Rude, obnoxious liar

Went to see Dr. Brophy after my worker's comp doctor informed me that my back was the worst he has ever seen. He sent me for and ESI and I returned back to him after 3 weeks and I was still in excruciating pain. He told me that there was no reason for me to have surgery even though my mri showed 3 bulging disc and 2 pinched nerves. He sent me back to work and told me to walk and lose weight. I went back to see the original worker's comp doctor and he told me there was no way I could return to work with my back the way it is. Needless to say I lost my worker's comp and my job. I went back to him 3 months later because I was getting worse and my lawyer set up the appointment. He told me that I was getting worse but there was still nothing I could do. This man needs to have his medical license revoked and never be able to put anyone else through what he has put me through. I recieved my medical records from him and he had lied in them numerous times. My family doctor is now treating me for the pain and I am waiting on my hearing date with worker's comp. DO NOT SEE THIS DR.

May 4th, 2016

He brought me back from a condition that would've left me partially paralyzed on the right side of my body.

Doctor's Response

Thanks Walter Phillips, for leaving us this response. We are thrilled to hear that you had a positive experience at Semmes Murphey and that Dr. Brophy took such great care of you. We always love to receive great feedback. Thank you!

February 20th, 2016

DR. Brophy has been an absolute great doctor. Although I am still having issues he continues to try to get me back to normal. He is highly professional, down to earth, and very educated in many different aspects. He has shown me compassion and honest concern and care for me. He is truly one of the best doctors I have ever met and would recommend him to anyone.

Doctor's Response

Maldonado, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are happy to hear that you have had such great experiences with Dr. Brophy here at Semmes Murphey. You really made our day today. Thank you!

January 6th, 2016

Nurse needing back surgery

I have been a nurse for over 25 years and when I needed back surgery. Dr. Brophy was recommended to me by another neurosurgeon. The Brophy is good and very professional.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for leaving us this feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Dr. Brophy here at Semmes Murphey. You really made our day today. Thank you!

February 8th, 2015

Great surgeon, do not like his bedside manner

January 23rd, 2015

do not go here for work comp!

I would absolutely NOTuse this Dr if you are going for a work related injury!! This Dr saw me on my first visit and SOMEHOW was able to diagnose me with a bad back. This was done without the first mri or xray. He went out of his way to let the adjuster know that my injury was not work related even though it happened at work while on the clock. This has caused all sorts of problems because now the insurance doesn't want to pay my salary like they're supposed to due to his arrogance. Anyone who writes a good review on this Dr obviously isn't under work comp!!! So beware, read these reviews carefully because I know personally of several people who are or have been screwed by this Dr under work comp