Dr. John Burch MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Bowling Green, KY

March 20th, 2016
This doctor is terrific, he spends a great deal of time listening and explains everything clearly. My ACL repair went extremely smoothly- much easier than my friends had all told me-and just as he had said that it would. He obviously knows what he's doing and gives you a lot of confidence. Im back to playing basketball and I couldn't be more pleased. Highly recommend Dr. Burch.

September 27th, 2015
Fantastic Doctor & Office
I can't say enough about Dr. Burch, his assistant Seth and his nurse Karen. I first went to him years ago when I hurt my knee and learned that he was the team doc for WKU Basketball. (and all the other sports) He has taken care of several different problems for me (ACL, shoulder and foot problems) and has done a hip replacement on my dad and a knee replacement on my mom. We have all been extremely pleased from start to finish. He always makes sure that all of our questions are answered every visit. In the past, when I have arrived at the office and asked to add an additional problem to my visit, he has been upfront on several occasions and told me that he did not have enough time to adequately evaluate additional problems than what was scheduled. He explained that it was because it was unscheduled, it would make other patients have to wait. But on other occasions, he has told me that he had sufficient time to devote to the new problems. I like his honesty and understand - I don't want to be the one to wait longer for people who don't call ahead to notify Karen what the problem is. Overall, we have all been very pleased with our care from Dr. Burch and his entire staff, and would not hesitate to recommend him always.

September 10th, 2015
Bad appt day
Went to Dr.Burch today when asked my reason for my visit I told the lady I had foot problems and knee problems. She told me that he would see me for one problem only today and that I would have to make another appt. for other problems.It is a two hour round trip to see this Dr. I will not go back and see him again,not because of the Dr. but because of his staff.I rate the staff a very big 000000,

September 28th, 2013
I've now had two new knee replacements, my right hip replaced with the anterior hip, a carpal and I'm going to have Dr. Burch do my other carpal tunnel soon. He is such a wonderful and caring doctor, he always takes the time to examine me and answer all of my questions ( I always ask a lot) I would highly recommend him to anyone!

March 26th, 2012
Great surgical work, horrendous staff
Let me start off by saying Dr. Burch is a great doctor. He is knowledgeable, informative, and honest. If you can stomach the way the health industry is currently, then by all means go to him as your dr.However, in my 27 yrs of hospital care (and I've practically lived in them as a very accident prone person), I've never been treated more poorly by a hospital staff. In general, the nurses who work under him are anything but cheerful and happy to be there. You'll be lucky to see one smile. But in particular, 5 days after my surgery, I woke up one morning to such an excruciating pain. I had just run out of pain medications and luckily had my wife's old Percocet pills. The pain wouldn't stop and I was in tears, biting my pillow to try and deal with it. I called WKONA and listened through 5 different submenus to get a line to Burch's staff to "ask a question" (according to the submenu choice). I was rudely received by his receptionist. I began describing my situation, fighting back tears and obviously distressed. She responded coldly, "I need your name first." I gave her my information, and she proceeds to tell me off saying next time I should listen to all the menu options before selecting and that I needed to talk to the Medication line to ask for a new script, "but I'll transfer you over this time." Thanks lady.Once I was transferred, I heard a machine request 10 different pieces of information in order to order more pain medication. I hung up... I wanted to talk to my doctor or a nurse who could help, not endless machines. So my wife called back the receptionist hoping to gain some sympathy and ground. None was found.... The woman was equally rude to my wife, not providing clear answers to questions as simple as "how often do they check the machine for submitted script requests?" if it weren't for the saving grace that we personally knew a nurse who does pre-op there, we would have had to suck it up, but we got an early afternoon appt with the doctor through her. In that appointment, I explained the morning situation to him, of the unprofessionalism and lack of sympathy. His response was not apologetic, but more like "yeah that'll happen."To make the situation worse, the reason I had so much pain was because the bandages were tight and my foot began to swell. All that needed to happen was to take the boot off, loosen the wrappings and put ice on it, but we were told after surgery to never take the boot off for the first week, so my foot needed to swell and had no room to do so, so every square inch was being forced into a small space. No wonder I hurt so bad. Not only did this staff set me up for this pain through misinformation, but they were virtually unresponsive when I needed them most.

April 27th, 2009
Great Diagnostician, Nice Bedside Manner, Keeps Up-to-Date
Dr. Burch keeps up to date with the latest in orthopedic medicine, and shows very good judgement in his diagnostics. He has a good bedside manner, and is willing to answer any questions about a condition or treatment plan. Office staff is very polite and efficient!