A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Burks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Burks
GERD Patient Education Learn all about GERD or gastroesopageal reflux disease with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Burks Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Burks, FACC, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Burks graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Burks has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Williamsport Hospital & Medical Center
- Evangelical Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John M Burks FACC and MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. John M. Burks practice?
- Dr. John Burks has 4 office locations.
Dr. John Burks practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Williamsport, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Lock Haven, PA and Jersey Shore, PA.
See Williamsport Internists and Williamsport Cardiologists.