A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Burks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Burks, MD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Burks graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Burks has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Evangelical Community Hospital
- Williamsport Hospital & Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burks accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 10 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans