Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Bad service  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2012

Do not go to this doctor. He is good at what he does, but there office rules are not clearly stated. If you make one mistake and do something they don't like you will be bared from seeing this doctor. If you are in a bad spot in life do not look for caring people here. They see you only as a number not a person. Plus they will speak down to you as if your a lower being.

|  Dr. Burkus is the best!  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2011

Dr. John Kenneth Burkus performed surgery on my lower back over five years ago and it was a total success. It changed my life from thinking about my pain all day to being able to do all my activities without pain. I have recommended Dr. Burkus to many of my friends and acquaintances over the years and I have nothing but good things to say about him and the people in his office.

|  Back surgery by Dr. Burkus changed my life.  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2010

For most of my adult life I had back and neck pain which got really bad when I was in my 50's. Degenerative osteo artritis, bone spurs and spinal stenosis were diagnosed and I was told by a surgeon in another city "you have too much to fix...if I operate you will not realize it was a good surgery because you have so many other things to hurt....you need to try to learn to live with it." After 5 more years of increasing pain I was referred to Dr. Kenneth Burkus by my rheumatologist. When Dr. Burkus saw my tests he said, "about 80% chance of excellent results"! I was amazed to hear that. I had lumbar surgery in August and then cervical surgery in December. Any pain I have now is very minimal compared to before surgery. Some days...no pain at all. Dr. Burkus and his P.A., Brian, gave me back the ability to enjoy life without constant pain and no need to sleep in a hospital bed or recliner any more. I learned that after years of awful pain that a visit to Dr. Burkus for a second opinion made a huge difference in the quality of my life. I would recommend him to anyone....he will not do surgery if you don't need it....but if you need surgery....then he's the one to see.