Dr. John Burns MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 11th, 2016
Great doctor
After my GI dr of 20 years retired I had to find another. Dr Burns is kind and does not rush through your visit with him, is prompt and intelligent. I thought I would never find someone as good as my former dr but Dr Burns fits the bill. The staff is very caring also. The only negative I have is when I have a problem I have to see a PA and don't get a follow up visit with Dr Burns. But I think that is where medicine is headed partly due to a shortage of specialists. so the good specialists like Dr Burns are in high demand. I would highly recommend Dr Burns

September 21st, 2013
Dr Burns and Purcell Are the Best
I am a 52 YO Male diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitis. Dr Burns and Dr Purcell are my Gastroenterologists. They are the best in the business. Lauren Fabian is who for office visits and she is fantastic. She treats me as a person, not as a patient. Lauren is the Best! All of the Staff at Susquehanna Gastroenterology are the best!

March 22nd, 2013
So good I make the drive to see him!
I was diagnosed in 2004 with moderate-severe Crohns Disease and Colitis. I owe him my life. He AND his staff listen with great patience and understanding and over the years they have become my friends. I feel comfortable in his care and know without a doubt that he will do exactly what I need done to make my life better. I even moved an hour and a half away and will make the drive to see him for my care. His bedside manner is outstanding and he does make you feel like you are his only patient. His nurses are awesome and always make you feel the same. Because of my illness I do not have an issue with scheduling appointments and am never waiting much more than 10-15 minutes to see him. I know I sound like I am going overboard, but all I have said is true. I have never had a bad experience with them and would recommend them to everyone.

April 26th, 2012
he is the best doctor ive met he is kind caring and good at what he does he is a doctor that really does care for his patent hes bedside manor is excellent i would recommend hom to anyone

February 2nd, 2009
Our visit
Getting an appointment took some time but I was very pleased with the doctor. Our last visit we did have to wait a while in the waiting room. But we have seen this doctor before and that was the first time that I had to wait. He has a great bedside manner and seems to be very caring. His staff was pleasant as well.
Doctor's Response

I am constantly looking to improve our wait time for appointments. Unfortunately a physician shortage truely does exist in Central Pennsylvania, especially for specialists. However, I try very hard to take my time with each patient, and do the best that I can.

May 1st, 2017