Dr. John Burroughs MD Patient Reviews

2.3
  • 7 reviews

August 26th, 2016
Excellent caring care for multiple procedures.
I have had multiple cosmetic procedures with Dr. Burroughs and his staff. They were so knowledgeable and helpful that I felt comfortable going from Fractura and Forma for skin tightening for my neck and face, to ThermiVia, for post menopausal vaginal symptoms,such as dryness. The ThermiVia has made a huge difference in my vaginal health. I have gotten many compliments on generally looking more youthful and healthy! Many thanks to Dr. Burroughs and his wonderful staff- especially Megan and Mychelle, who performed most of the procedures.

February 3rd, 2015
A pleasant experience to see a doc that takes time to discuss opthamology issues with you!

October 27th, 2013
Highly Talented and Caring Doctor
My mother is 87 years old and was having trouble reading. Her eyelids had lost tension, causing her eyelashes to roll inside her eye socket next to her eyeball and this irritated her eyes to extent that she could not keep them open, Dr Burroughs identified the problem quickly and scheduled surgery promptly. He was very gentle and caring with my mom. The surgery was a total success and now my mom is reading prolifically again. I am grateful to Dr. Burroughs for improving my mom's quality of life. He took time answer our questions and that really reduced our anxiety about having the surgery,

August 13th, 2013
Able to look spectacular again
Dr. Burroughs, a very kind and considerate physician who is capable and willing to take on mistakes that another physician caused comes highly recommended. I had nerve damage on my forehead and Dr. Burroughs balanced both eyelids as well as forehead after a botched, very expensive face lift. Dr. Burroughs enlightened me about less expensive, non-operative procedures. I appreciated his honest and integrity about what he could do without further surgical damage and that impressed me. He does what is best for the patient, not his pocketbook.

August 1st, 2013
I saw this doctor for dry eyes .During the exam (without my permission) he flushed out the plug in my tear duct. It was not causing problems and I do not know why he did this. I asked him to replace it and told me I had to go to someone else because he doesn't do plugs. The visit was over $300 and I then had to spend another $200 at another office to replace the plug. The wait was very long which was too bad because there were many elderly patients waiting with me.
Doctor's Response

I cannot confirm or deny that this was a patient of mine for privacy reasons, but we are contracted with insurances for the rates they allow. I also go over procedures and treatments before performing them. We leave plugs in tear ducts if they are not causing problems, so I would not have flushed it out unless there was excessive tearing, discomfort, or infection issues. I don't do plugs as they can cause problems that I as a lacrimal surgeon often have to repair surgically. I do, however, offer punctal closure which is safer and can still be reversed if need be.

November 15th, 2012
I would recommend Dr Bourroughs to anyone. He was caring and professional and I'm happy with my results.

October 30th, 2012
Extermely caring physician. Could not have been more pleased with his work. Excellent follow-up and after care. Would highly recommend