Dr. J Byrd, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
My long road to recovery show details My long road to recovery
by omd on Jan 28th, 2015

On the recommendation of my doctor where I live I went to see Dr. Bird. It bothered me that he did not hear what I was saying, but I was tok0ld he was vedy good and I needed help. I had back surgery/fusion. I felt somewhat better, but not perfect. I come from a medical family so I rever doctors. A few months later I went for a check up, I was in terrible pain, with stabbing and pinching. He gave mesome painkillers and and injection of cortisone, and prescribed physical therapy. I had almost 6 months of physical therapy, and kept on getting worse. Finally the physical therapist said "there is nothingi can do for you". I never went back to see Dr. Bird. He does not lksten to the patient. He is too busy talking with nis nurse or associate. I amhaving revision surgery, because 2 of the screws are backing out.

Patient show details Patient
by Dean French on Dec 17th, 2014

I have seeing him few times trough the last few years ad found him to be a mediocor dr. I am not so impressed with his expertise and knolodge........! I would not recommend him to any of my friends or my relative .,......! Watch out doctors and be very careful ........! Do your home work and do not trust anything they put on their website....!

Needs to lean how to treat people and stop going on what he think but by what he no show details Needs to lean how to treat people and stop going on what he think but by what he no
Aug 2nd, 2012

You need to learn how to listen to your patients and give them a since of comfort and make them fill good. Stop begin a but hole and be a doctor. Treating people with less will get you no where and you need to understand that doctor.

Aug 18th, 2011

I have been to see this doctor several times due to a work related injury. I have never waited less than 2 hours beyond my appointment time to see him. I have followed all of his directives. Over a year after the injury, he still just wants to give me muscle relaxers rather than perform any actual diagnostic exams. He has yet to tell me what is wrong, whether it is muscle, ligament, or nerve damage and is not interested in helping me. His words were "I wish I could help you more." So I asked politely for an mri. Instead he said No, how about some more flexiril?" I do not reccommend this doctor if you have a work related injury. I can only hope he treats his non-workmans comp patients more thoroughly.

Sep 4th, 2009

I have heard so many good things about you,from doctors and friends!But somewhere from lectures and your inventions you took a oath to help people.regardless of there insurance,race or whatever.what little life i have has now changed 100%,Which has changed my whole family even my dogs.I understand the system isn't perfect,but you know right from wrong.When you have that two minutes of silence at home think of the people whose lifes are in the gutter,because of your wrong doings.IM A better person than you I do know that,and i will pray for you.And i do forgive you! it would be nice if you remove the yaht magazines from your waiting rooms,some of us dont have gas money to come to your visits.