Dr. John Ellis MD Patient Reviews

March 2nd, 2016
AWFUL experience! My 3 year old was referred to this office because of chronic ear infections. His pediatrician advised that my son would more than likely need tubes. Made the appointment. Showed up the 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork. Appointment was at 10:30. We waited and waited until almost noon for Dr. Ellis to walk in. He came off as arrogant and rude. Never even once acknowledged that he was nearly an hour and a half behind. Took a whole 5 minutes with my son to agree that he needed tubes. Fast forward to surgery day. Arrival time was 7:15 AM, procedure at 9:00 AM. My son was nervous, thirsty, and hungry. Dr. Ellis was an hour late. Again, arrogant and unapologetic. My son was hysterical. We were rushed out of recovery, and were not satisfied with the experience. My son was to have his post op appointment last week. However, due to front desk ignorance, I showed up to find out it was today. Went in the morning for an 8:20 appointment (I made it this early thinking he couldn't be behind first thing in the morning)...WRONG. At 9:00, we left without being seen because we had another appointment to get to. This place is horrible. We will never return. :/

January 14th, 2016
I love Dr. Ellis
Dr. Ellis removed my Thyroid. He was very informative from the start. But the real accolades come from his bed side service! I have nothing bad to say about Dr. Ellis. Great patient interaction and he always thoroughly explained everything to me. He is my ENT from here on out!

February 14th, 2014
Unhappyhou
Dr. forgot to write prescription for pain and antibiotic medication when he gave me release papers from the hospital so we had to stop by his office on the way home from the hospital. When we went into the pharmacy to get the script filled, we told told that the script was no good. (Dr. had written it for a dose not even made). My husband went ahead and took me home because the pain was getting bad. So, back out the the office again he went to get a prescription actually made and went back to pharmacy. Day 11 after surgery I needed something stronger than Tylenol. My ears hurt so bad I was crying Sunday night. My husband made his first call to the office as soon as they opened mon. morning and told the nurse what was going on and she said she would talk to Dr. and get back. My husband called multiple times and when it was getting later in the afternoon he got concerned. He called again and was told to go to the pharmacy and call from there and not to worry. The office closes at 5 so my husband took all the kids up to the pharmacy and called the office as told. 4:50 and no one answers the phone!!!!! So as a last resort he called the after hours Dr. who told him that he did not call in prescriptions after hours. (My husband wasted over 2 hours at the pharmacy, on a school night) He and the kids got home around 8 that night all because Dr. and nurse could not take care of a basic issue. First thing the next morning my husband called the office. (The front receptionist who answered the phone said "you mean you never heard back"? They knew his voice from the numbers of times he had to call the day before. Finally, around 10:30 the nurse called and said the Dr. told him I should just take Tylenol!!!!!!!!!!! So, after a day and a half the Dr. bothered himself to tell the nurse I did not need anything called in. I went 2 nights with my ears and mouth hurting so bad I was crying and did not sleep because the pain was just too much. Not sure what kind of Dr. thinks that's up to "standard of care". This skims what I have to say and my attorney can say what needs to be done now.