Dr. John Mitchell DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

February 18th, 2016
Excellent Psychiatrist
Dr. Mitchell is an excellent psychiatrist...I have been treated by him for six years. He is always professional, truly cares for his patients, and never stops trying to help me. Dr. Mitchell has many patients and still remembers what has been going on in my life and what medications I'm taking. I would strongly recommend Dr. Mitchell to anyone who needs help and is willing to take an active role towards his or her recovery.

October 27th, 2015
Snake
This man is a snake. Can't be trusted. I was a patient of his for years, and i couldn't take it anymore. He was either incapable of remembering any details about me and my life, or he simply didn't care enough to do so. I don't know how a professional doctor can even feel good about himself treating somebody with psychiatric medications for years, and CONSTANTLY have to be reminded where I live, whether I live alone or with other people, whether I'm employed or attending school, what my hobbies are, etc. How do you decide whether you are making a positive difference in someone's mental health, if you have to be reminded of ALL THESE DETAILS CONSTANTLY for several years. Basically never made any real attempt to get to know me. He would see me for roughly 10-15 mins every other month, to give me my prescriptions and nothing more. If he makes a mistake(which is only human, EVERYBODY makes mistakes), he will never EVER admit or apologize for anything, and if you are brave enough to voice your concerns about the level of care you are or aren't receiving from him, he will slander you and destroy your reputation because it's simply easier for a doctor to discredit any accuser, rather than explain his actions to anybody. If he can imply to his colleagues, that his accuser or the person making a complaint is not to be trusted, then you're out of luck. The Doctor is highly respected.....his patients are seeing him for psychiatric issues, so it's EXTREMELY easy to discredit the patient. Is the Executive director going to believe a patient who is on meds?....or the Board Certified Dr. John Charles Mitchell D.O. , a Christian man who is also the Medical Director? You can bet the farm that you don't stand a chance if it's ever your word versus Dr Mitchell's word. In that situation, NOBODY will believe you and the Doctor will help make sure that HIS narrative gets out to his colleagues along with anything he can think of to make his colleagues have a flawed perception of you before you even meet them. He is a coward. He is equally inadequate as a physician as he is a man in general.

August 22nd, 2015
Deceitful
This Dr's license is on probation. He has sanctions imposed on him by the Bureau of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. He has fines imposed on him. His main concern is his reputation and since that is already tainted by the things I've mentioned above, he will not hesitate to discredit you and knowingly and intentionally jeopardize your health and reputation if you ever consider filing a complaint about him or decide to go over his head and speak to the only person in the facility(where he currently works in another county than what is shown on this site)that has any sort of authority over him. Dr. Mitchell is the Medical Director at the facility, so every nurse, and other physician at the facility MUST support his opinions and views.....or risk sticking their neck out and obviously cause tension(at the very least) between them and their superior at work. I had to leave the county and it took me about a year to undo all the wrongs he has done me and the damage he caused to my reputation all because "if the D.E.A. came in here, I would have some problems". Those are the doctors exact words to me regarding prescriptions that he AND ONLY HIM had prescribed to me for many years and he had never once expressed any concern or mentioned ANY issues with my medications until that day....the same day he dropped me as a patient but didn't even tell me to my face. He gave me my next appointment date and time and then mailed me a letter a week later(after I had talked to the Executive Director of the clinic about what he said and other things he did that day) saying he wouldn't see me anymore and spun a web of half truths and lies to justify his decision. He has refused to comment to me since then, and after what I've been through, I strongly discourage anyone from fully trusting this man. He stabbed me in the back (not literally lol), when I had put all my faith and trust in him and his staff. And did it strictly to avoid people questioning his prescribing practices. I should NEVER be punished and suffer because the Dr. decides suddenly that he is uncomfortable WITH HIS OWN CHOICES.

February 21st, 2013
Excellent psychiatrist
Dr. Mitchell is very professional and quite knowledgable. I trust him with my care knowing he will have my best interests in mind. I strongly recommend Dr. Mitchell to anyone who desires to get better...he never stops trying to find solutions to mental illnesses.

April 4th, 2011
Does not rehabilitate patient, just prescribes medication for life.

January 26th, 2011
Dr Mitchell is a psychiatrist, let's admit that if you're coming to a psychiatrist, you may not be ready to hear when he or she has to say anyhow. The other negative comment on this site could not be more wrong. That person is obviously a patient who has not come to grips with their diagnosis. Dr Mitchell is completely thorough, professional, and listens to his patients. I would recommend him to anyone, he goes above and beyond.

November 27th, 2010
not to be trusted
Numerous lies and does not diagnose correctly, over medicated. Can not be trusted, if you tell him something he will use it against you and never see you recover and be productive person. Writes anything negative down and does not discuss to patient anything but just writes a bunch of lies. Caterogizes you as a number similar to other people with problems instead looking and diagnosing you as an individual. Rushes you through and keeps you as a patient for life for his selfness need of money.