A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Nelson is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Patient Education Hodgkin's Lymphoma patient education guide explains how your immune system can be compromised by HD and NHL.Before Visiting Dr. Nelson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Nelson, MD is board certified in Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Westchester Medical Center
- Northern Westchester Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John C Nelson MD is a male Hematologist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Hematology.
- Where does Dr. John C. Nelson practice?
- Dr. John Nelson has 8 office locations.
Dr. John Nelson practices Hematology near Hawthorne, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New Rochelle, NY and New York, NY.
See Hawthorne Hematologists.