Dr. John Carleton Nelson MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, Hematology & Oncology, Orthopaedic Surgery, and Hematology.
A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Nelson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Hematology.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including Anemia Bleeding Disorders Low Platelet Counts Myeloproliferative Disorders Thrombosis and Hemostasis/Blood Clotting Transfusion Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Sound Shore Medical Center
- Phelps Memorial Hospital Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nelson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Hudson Health Plan - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 1 plan
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John C. Nelson practice?
Dr. John Nelson practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Hematology & Oncology, Orthopaedic Surgery, and Hematology near Hawthorne, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New Rochelle, NY and Cortlandt Manor, NY.
See Hawthorne Internists, Hawthorne Hematologists, Hawthorne Oncologists, Hawthorne Surgeons, and Hawthorne Pathologists.