A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Nelson is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Nelson, MD is board certified in Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Northern Westchester Hospital
- Westchester Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nelson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Hudson Health Plan - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 1 plan
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John C. Nelson practice?
Dr. John Nelson practices Hematology near Hawthorne, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New Rochelle, NY and Cortlandt Manor, NY.
See Hawthorne Hematologists.