Dr. John Scott Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Scott?

April 6th, 2017

The best

Very personal and competent. Excellent care

January 24th, 2017

Money hungry

He came off as a doctor who is just looking to make money and was very annoyed when I had a few questions. He made me feel uncomfortable and I would not recommend him.

March 6th, 2016

Dr Scott was the most attentive Doctor I have ever met. Prior to Dr Scott, I had 3 sinus surgeries which all failed. Dr Scott took the time and with his great expertise I am cured and have not had a sinus infection in 4 years. Dr Scott made me feel comfortable and his care of me after the operation was incredible. I would not see anyone else.

November 11th, 2015

Awesome!

Wow..I cant believe what I'm reading , and neither should you! My father had a laryngectomy because of throat cancer (by a diff dr) . I went to Dr. Scott because I was having trouble swollowing and I felt something in my throat. I was scared to death . He took his time examining me . My concern became his concern. He scheduled a must need biopsy right away. His office staff is amazing. They handled all the paper work and got the approval from my insurance right away. The day of my biopsy Dr. Scott explained everything. His bedside manner is awesome. He checked up on me the next day. He called me right away with my negative results! I am extremely happy with Dr. Scott and would highly recommend him to everyone !!!!!!

October 2nd, 2014

Not a good Doctor

A businessman before a medical professional. I got the sense he is just in it for the money. I am a person, not a piece of meat, and expect to be treated as such. Unless you go into his office with this attitude, you will be poorly treated. MKMG has become nothing but a medical factory. They have gotten too big for their own good and now to see patients in the form of $ signs and not people. they seem to have figured out the people will sacrifice good care for convenience. Not a smart move on anybody's part. Don't play Russian roulette with your health.see several doctors go to several practitioners before you settle with the one you believe will give you the best treatment.

April 27th, 2014

Arrogant

Terribly arrogant and dismissive. First waited an hour with no apology. This was my second visit to him for the same problems a few months earlier. Told me my problem has not changed, to do a few things and he was done. I asked for further evaluation to be sure the problem was not being caused by something else and he told me if I didn't believe his diagnosis then I should go to a different specialist but he would not authorize any other testing. Just rude in the way he handled my discomfort with his reco. Not a doctor that wants to work with a patient based on the patient's understanding of their own body. Wasted visit!

March 22nd, 2014

It is a gamble

You have to be your own doctor when you visit and consult with him. The minute he senses that you are not an astute patient, he will do and say what is in his own best interests, not yours. Ethics seem to go out the window when it comes to certain doctors who are only looking at the bottom line. I got the sense that Dr. Scott was more interested in making a buck that in my personal well-being. Unnecessary office visits, pushing unnecessary procedures, withholding pertinent information, and overcharging in general seem to be the game of the day. I know all doctors are businessmen at heart who want to make as much money as possible in as little time as possible but it should not be at the expense of someone's medical well-being. Dr's should hold themselves to a higher standard given their position of trust in society and the harm they can do when that trust is broken. Do not trust this doctor. All con men appear to be exactly the opposite of who they really are. Don't be fooled. Do your research and do your homework. Do your due diligence. Get several references from well trusted family members, friends, and neighbors. Go to a doctor that only the people that you trust recommend and refer you to. If you do decide to go, bring a really sharp third-party and have them also ask questions before you give your consent to anything. As I mentioned before he holds back a lot of information to get you to do what he wants. Not a doctor I would recommend!!!!

October 8th, 2013

Really great, to the point, friendly, doctor.

September 23rd, 2013

Very knowledgeable

Dr. Scott has been a great doctor. He is one of the few doctors that have personally called me back when I have had an issue - this is much more than I can say about any other staff at MKMG. As far as the long wait times I believe that is mostly due to the receptionist's, for example they got one of my appointments mixed up and then blamed it on me and then had me waiting 90 minutes. However, it was worth the wait because Dr. Scott was the first doctor in weeks to actually care about the ongoing issue I was having. I highly recommend him!

September 13th, 2013

Pleasant and very capable

I recently had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction by Dr. Scott, to improve my airflow and congestion issues. He is very nice, very to-the-point (which I liked), and dealt well with my high level of anxiety about the surgery and all post-op visits (I was not concerned with his judgement, I am just a nervous worrier about medical procedures in general). He doesn't coddle or make things seem more romantic than they are, but when he tells you something won't hurt, you believe him. He has a very straight, believable, confidence-instilling manner. He does not rush you and will spend as much time as you need with questions. My recovery has gone very well so far, and I am quite satisfied with Dr. Scott and the procedure.

January 26th, 2013

Excellent Care

Once Dr. Scott was referred to me I came on this website and read all the reviews (some scary). I had a consult with Dr. Scott and found him to be very knowledgeable. He answered all the questions I asked and some that I didn't. Dr. Scott did my surgery and I am VERY happy with the entire process. Please don't read into the negative comments - Use your gut. Dr. Scott is AWESOME and I wouldn't go to any other ENT EVER!!!!!

November 2nd, 2012

poor technique

While using a scalpel to remove stitches from my son, he inadvertently cut the adjacent area with his poor technique. In addition, he actually touched my son's skin with a dropper stored in a multiuse vial of medication. Poor sterility!!