A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Sheffield:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Sheffield is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Sheffield, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Hot Flashes
Education & Awards
Dr. Sheffield graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Sheffield has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Good Samaritan Hospital/Lebanon
- Lebanon Valley Health Net Physicians
- GSH Medical Staff Physicians
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sheffield accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 10 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans