SULLY'S REVIEW show details SULLY'S REVIEW
by KEVIN C. SULLIVAN on Jun 24th, 2015

EXCELLENT NEUROSURGEON, GREAT CARE.

best workmens comp doctor ive seen show details best workmens comp doctor ive seen
May 4th, 2015

My injury was sustained at work and after having a Simed physician do an ACDF a year prior, I asked my attorney to procure me another physician. As soon as Dr Stevenson walked into the room I felt this was a doctor who could help me. After explaining to him that all of the previous symptoms prior to my surgery were returning(Severe muscle spasms in next, contorting me at times, numbess in arms,etc) he had the nurse take me across the hall for several xrays. He immediately noticed that the natural curve occurring in my neck was missing. He asked if the muscle spasms travelled down into my shoulder, which they did. He ordered an MRI. Because this is a work.ens comp case, things take time. After returning from MRI, he offered several options, more PT which I explained I still do exercises regularly, innections in my spine, or, surgery to correct the unreinforced initial operation. I was thrilled with the initiative he took right from the start. Now, I wait as tne adjustor has decided to send me to another one of their physicians in Ocala for a second opinion. This second opinion doctor Ive already had a negative experience with relating to another body part caused by this injury. Im sure he will day I do not need this procedure..I wont give up hope and look forward to Dr Stevenson performing my ACDF!!!Joanne B.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Aug 11th, 2014

In my opinion, lack of personality, no familiarization with previous office visit diagnosis', cold, seems bothered that you are there.

Too busy to listen or even examine me! show details Too busy to listen or even examine me!
by Donna on Feb 21st, 2014

He is a joke. He came in after I waited over 45 minutes. Appointment time was 9:15. He finally came in at 10:00 and said "so why are you here?" Then took me for X-rays, 20 minutes later he comes in and said "yes you do have problems". No kidding I have been dealing with them for many years. He reviewed my records from out of state and then asked what I expected from him. I had asked for a referral to a Pain Management specialist so I could have a procedure done that was successful in the past. He shrugged me off saying PT would be next step. So after agreeing to do PT all I got was more pain. PT will not cure my problems! Still in pain and no better. Will not listen! Perhaps the biggest issue I had with him is he never examined me. NEVER laid hands on me. How can you treat a patient without examining them. Reading an MRI that was 4 yrs old and new X-rays that confirmed the MRI is not an exam. But he billed the insurance company as such. Severing ties to him. Would not let him touch my dogs let alone my back.

Don't make my mistake show details Don't make my mistake
Aug 24th, 2013

Pretends to care until surgery is done...then is very inconsiderate. Office visits are a sham. He won't listen, rude, and snotty. Never examined me, just looked at my MRI, but I was in so much pain I agreed to the surgery. Stupid me, now I'm in more pain and he couldn't care less. To the person below with 3 successful surgeries; think about that!!!!! You wouldn't have needed 3 if the 1st one was successful!!!!!!!!!! Do yourself a favor and run, crawl, whatever from this place.

DO NOT TRUST HIM show details DO NOT TRUST HIM
by Janice G. on Jan 23rd, 2013

HE DIDN'T EVEN EXAMINE ME! He only looked at my films and then said i need surgery. horrible don't trust him!

Jul 26th, 2012

I have had three spinal surgeries done by Dr. Stevenson and all were successful.He has my complete confidence.

Dr. Stevenson Changed My Life!!! show details Dr. Stevenson Changed My Life!!!
Dec 27th, 2011

From the moment I stepped into his office I felt safe and confident in the care that I was to receive. The staff were incredibly friendly and caring. Dr. Stevenson was exceptionally intelligent and knew exactly how to treat my back pain! I finally am able to walk again...Dr. Stevenson changed my life because now I enjoy the simple things in life! Back pain no longer holds back...thanks to you Dr. Stevenson! I recommend Dr. Stevenson above anyone other neurosurgeon in the state. You will NOT be disappointed.

Should not be performing spinal surgery show details Should not be performing spinal surgery
Feb 26th, 2011

When I first went to Dr. Stevenson and he performed an mri and told me he could fix my back at least 98 to 99 percent of what I was prior. I am still in so much pain 6 years later. I was treated like crap from his little teenie-bopper staff and he changed his tune after I started telling him I was in more pain than before surgery. I gave up on him and getting fixed. So I live with it and take meds that don't work. Would never let him cut me again.

The United Airline Captain show details The United Airline Captain
by JWT on Feb 17th, 2010

The best of the best; knows what he is doing and the proof is in the pudding. My neck surgery, where he practically rebuilt my neck joints, was absolutely incredible. Tiny scar, minimum heal time and the results perfect-o! I am amazed and in awe of his skills. He's the man!

Nov 24th, 2009

Uncaring person who relies only on Charts and MRI and does not care nor listen to the patient.

WHO CARES show details WHO CARES
by Greg C. on Oct 19th, 2009

WOULD NOT EVEN GIVE ME A REASON WHY HE COULD NOT HELP ME!!! AFTER I WAITED TEN DAYS FOR HIM TO RETURN TO THE OFFICE.THANKS john stevenson for caring