Dr. John Cabelka MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 10th, 2015
Auburn/Opelika is fortunate to have Dr. Cabelka and the staff at EAMC cancer center. I was diagnosed with throat cancer and referred to Dr Cabelka. He was very comforting, taking the time to explain my situation and treatment. As a former Auburn professor, I had done a lot of my own research on my condition. Dr Cabelka was very knowledgeable, in fact I had the means to seek a second opinion at MD Anderson where what had been explained to me by Dr Cabelka was echoed. I felt comfortable receiving treatment at home. Dr Cabelka and his staff were wonderful. They were compassionate and supportive during a difficult treatment. I am now cancer free. I know of others with similar experiences. I recommend Dr. Cabelka and his staff HIGHLY.

October 31st, 2013
A lifesaver!
Most memorable -- he attends to his patients in a suit and tie -- except on his half day off -- then he wears a sport coat with dress shirt with an unbuttoned collar! He comes into the examination room smiling and he leaves smiling. He always had time to listen to ALL of my concerns and to answer ALL of my questions. He is an excellent and most talented physician, teacher, and FRIEND. The most important lessonj that I learned from Dr. John Cabelka was that, "True physicians receive no compensation for the amount of time that they spend understanding the lives of the patients that they treat." He understood me . . . and he saved my life! LAUDO!

October 4th, 2013
excellent physician--God placed him in my life and I am so thankful

May 1st, 2012
Rude and made sure I knew I might die
This doctor wants you to shut and listen, not ask questions. I do not trust him. Seems tied to older techniques in radiation treatment, was defensive and hostile. If you're looking for someone to make you cry, make you feel like your illness is hopeless and depress you, Cabelka is your guy.