A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Calhoon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Calhoon is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Calhoon, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Injuries
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Lung Transplantation
- Nonpenetrating Wounds
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Penetrating Wounds
- Thoracic Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Calhoon graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Calhoon has 10 hospital affiliations:
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Children's Hospital
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Calhoon accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Community First Health Plans - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John H. Calhoon practice?
Dr. John Calhoon practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: New Braunfels, TX.
See San Antonio Cardiothoracic Surgeons.