A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Calhoon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Calhoon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Calhoon
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Calhoon Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Calhoon, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Injuries
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Lung Transplantation
- Nonpenetrating Wounds
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Penetrating Wounds
- Thoracic Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Calhoon graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Calhoon has 10 hospital affiliations:
- South Texas Regional Medical Center
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Calhoon MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John Calhoon practice?
- Dr. John Calhoon has 1 office location.
Dr. John Calhoon practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Cardiothoracic Surgeons.