A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Calhoon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Calhoon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Calhoon, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Injuries
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Lung Transplantation
- Nonpenetrating Wounds
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Penetrating Wounds
- Thoracic Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Calhoon graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Calhoon has 10 hospital affiliations:
- South Texas Regional Medical Center
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Calhoon MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John Calhoon practice?
- Dr. John Calhoon has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Calhoon practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Cardiothoracic Surgeons.