A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Calkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Calkins, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hot Flashes
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Vaginal Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Calkins graduated from University of Kansas , Kansas City.
Dr. Calkins has 5 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Kansas Hospital
- Menorah Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Calkins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Family Health Partners - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John W. Calkins practice?
Dr. John Calkins practices Obstetrics & Gynecology near Leawood, KS.
Additional practice locations include: Kansas City, KS.
See Leawood Obstetricians & Gynecologists.