A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Callaghan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Callaghan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Callaghan, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Bone Transplantation
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Diseases
- Joint Instability
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Callaghan graduated from Loyola University Chicago, Maywood. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Callaghan has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
- U Of Iowa Hosp & Clinics, Iowa City, Ia
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Joseph Callaghan MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John J. Callaghan practice?
- Dr. John Callaghan has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Callaghan practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Iowa City, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Des Moines, IA.
See Iowa City Orthopedic Surgeons.