Dr. John Canale MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry O Fallon, MO

June 2nd, 2016
I couldn't ask for a better doctor. He also saved my life and I have been with him since 80. He is very helpful and really listens to what you have to say and doesn't push drugs on you like some other doctors. He is very helpful and understanding

May 23rd, 2016
He is a wonderful caring Dr that never makes you feel poorly about your felings and frustratios on life. Because he is so great, it takes a while to get an initial appt. with him.

March 23rd, 2015
Very busy office and I do think the office staff do their best but very difficult to get an appt.

March 31st, 2014
great doctor
I have been seeing Dr Canale for 7 years now. You can't go wrong with him. He has great insight into my mental condition. A lot of doctors order you to take this or that. Dr. Canale always recommends meds to take, but he also takes into consideration your input on side effects or about what treatment to try next. He has greatly helped me manage my mental illness over the years.

April 17th, 2013
Dr. Canale review
I would not reccomend Dr. Canle, He has never once offered to have my blood checked after using a high dosage of cymbalta. My OB. was concerned about how how of a dosage I was on and that he never ran blood work to check my liver. While I was meeting with him he once took a phone call and discussed another patient with me. He has you out so qucik. I feel he does not care about his patients!

March 17th, 2013
Not really concerned about me as a patient
I went to him because my previous doctor just rushed me thru visits and postponed my appointments several times. So I switched explaining why to him and he went on about my previous doctor and how he would not treat me in that manner. Sure enough the same thing happened. I wait two months to see him only to be postponed days before so he could go on vacation so now I have to wait another 2 months to see him. Additionally the office staff was extremely rude when I commented that I had to wait so long to see him. Lastly I felt like he was just suggesting drugs for me to try even asking me what I felt I needed. I'm not a doctor which is why I went to him in the first place. I'm moving on but concerned if this is normal practice after happening twice.

February 21st, 2013
Recued from the cluches of a Beast Known as Mood Disorder!
He has Knowledge of chemically imbalance patients. You must have patience and follow all his directions to overcome this illness that can take you to a very unfavorable places. The Mind is very powerful and so it is when its ill ,is why its so Dangerous! I owe my Life to he and my Family for helping me though such a trouble time.P.S You must always take your meds as prescribe and allow much time to heal,Thank You to DR. John Canale he is a very good man!

January 18th, 2013
Dodgegirl
Dr. Canale has been my psychiatrist for 17 years and i would not have learned how to cope with out him.

May 9th, 2012
He (mis)diagnosed my 15 year old daughter with bipolar disorder and put her on anti-psychotics and Lithium. It is crucial for a physician to monitor blood levels of this drug (Lithium) because it can be fatal if not closely monitored. After 6 months of taking the drug, he never had her levels checked. She had severe, long lasting side effects.

January 6th, 2012
Total waste of time
Took a month to get an appointment. Waited 40 Minutes in his office before they decided to tell me they screwed up and scheduled me as a followup appointment instead of a new patient. I was spoken too extremely rudely by the office staff and was told I would have to wait another month to get an appointment.

November 14th, 2011
Dr. Canale is the best!
I've known Dr. Canale for over 20 years and he is very knowledgable, caring and professional. I trust him immensly.

October 4th, 2011
Drug Pusher
Beware of this man! He is in control, not you. Wait time is long, face time is minimal. Absolutely no follow-up. I was with him a very long time on way to many meds. When I went off of them and woke-up, I realized that he had been over medicating me for years. With a new Dr., I went from 8 meds. per day to 1. Feel great now. Beware - Run away.