Dr. John Cardin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

March 28th, 2016
Best Dr in long beach ca!
Cardin has been in my family for 2 generations , I always recommend him to everyone. And I also plan on returning to him in the future.

March 7th, 2016
Yelled and screamed at me in front of my older child, scared her really bad.

August 28th, 2015
Good
He was a good doctor but my last time was some hard to see the doctor

April 20th, 2015
This dr's office a joke! The wait is absolutely ridiculous !!! It should not take 2-4 hours to be seen. Never have I had to deal with waiting this long. I wouldn't recommend this office to anyone if you don't like to wait. This is my last visit here, switching dr's. All these reviews should be an eye opener to this Dr that you either need to stop over booking, get some more Dr's or just shut it down .

February 16th, 2015
Angel in scrubs!!
Thank god for this Dr. He saved my son's life. I saw another Dr who was horrible. Dr Cardin was a referral. I was diagnosed w fibroids but huge ones and many. I had been bleeding and other Dr never told me...or that I should be on bed rest. I was put on bed rest, and later hospitalized due to my fibroids, baby being breech and stuck between a few, diabetes, preeclampsia etc.. He saw me daily and took such hood care of us. Warned me of possible complications, weekly ultrasound. I did deliver early and he was there for me and my son until after he left the NICU. Thank god for this man...

January 17th, 2015
Overcrowded, Overbooked and Doctor is never on time
With the earliest appointment scheduled at 9:30 am (office opens at 9) I was in the waiting room at 8:45 am and up until 11 am I was still waiting for the doctor! They have plenty of staff to answer phones and to tend to the front desk but none of them can help you. Everytime I have been in the office the wait time is over 2 hours and I always get the same excuse that the Doctor is on his way and is delivering a baby. Whether it is at the start of the day or if it is a Monday evening after 6pm (office opens later on Mondays). This office overbooks patients and the worst part is there is an office full of patients and no doctors at all. They have one restroom. Not well lit and the lock doesn't work. There is a sign for you to "knock before you enter". A couple of the staff are helpful and when the doctor Cardin or Nina finally sees you they are nice but it is not worth waiting 2 hours.

January 9th, 2015
2-3 hour wait with appointment and only 1 single stall restroom

August 13th, 2014
ridiculous waits
This dr is very nice one on one. However! In my opinion not worth the wait. I am employed with large hospital and got stuck with horrible insurance that i pay for. I am not medi-cal or medi-caid. There is no point in making an appointment time if you have to wait 3 hours. Stop overbooking!!!!! and deal with the patients you have scheduled. We were told at our first appt after waiting nearly 4 hours its not usually like that. 3 more appts later, its ALWAYS like that. Great environment for pregnant hormonal women Stick them in crazy uncomfortable chairs and make them wait with other patients basically on top of you because the waiting room is so full

June 25th, 2014
Hands down. The best in Long Beach!!!
First off let me just say, dis regard all the bad reviews on here by other people. So not true. Dr. Cardin is by far the best OBGYN a pregnant woman can have. Yes the office would be hectic & packed at times & a long wait, but if you want to be seen & tooken care of by the best, then it's absolutely so worth the wait! I don't care what anyone else has to say. I went to Dr. Cardin with my last here pregnancies & I am now going to him with my fourth! I Love Dr. Cardin. He's very promising, sweet & means everything he says. His staff are nice & sweet to me all the time & always willing to listen to me & answer any questions I have as well as Dr. Cardin. (: hope this helps, cause Dr. Cardin will really take care of you.

January 10th, 2014
MY EXPERIANCE WAS GREAT!
I now have Four Children and all delivered by Dr. Cardin. My Experiance with him was the best. He always took time to answer all my questions and he even remembered me from my other deliveries. All my causins have gone to him because of good experiance we had and he would take the time to ask how are my other kids doing while he performed the ultra sound and made me feel welcome. his staff are a bit rude and make you wait a long time just for vitals. but other than that it was worth the wait.

September 25th, 2013
There are long waits but because everybody goes to him. He is experienced and has been in the area for many years. I had two children delivered by him and I have no complaints except the long waits at his clinic.

August 5th, 2013
wow
I can't believe the bad reviews I had him as my doc and yes always long waits but never rude. Every time I went in he did ultrasounds and he was always happy and caring and loving he was the best I had a amazing experience with Dr.John Cardin and all I have to say to him is thank u for all the help and attention.