Obstetricians & Gynecologists

2880 Atlantic Ave
Ste 230
Long Beach, CA 90806
562-424-4404
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

|  ridiculous waits  |  show details
by Prent on Aug 13th, 2014

This dr is very nice one on one. However! In my opinion not worth the wait. I am employed with large hospital and got stuck with horrible insurance that i pay for. I am not medi-cal or medi-caid. There is no point in making an appointment time if you have to wait 3 hours. Stop overbooking!!!!! and deal with the patients you have scheduled. We were told at our first appt after waiting nearly 4 hours its not usually like that. 3 more appts later, its ALWAYS like that. Great environment for pregnant hormonal women Stick them in crazy uncomfortable chairs and make them wait with other patients basically on top of you because the waiting room is so full

|  Hands down. The best in Long Beach!!!  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2014

First off let me just say, dis regard all the bad reviews on here by other people. So not true. Dr. Cardin is by far the best OBGYN a pregnant woman can have. Yes the office would be hectic & packed at times & a long wait, but if you want to be seen & tooken care of by the best, then it's absolutely so worth the wait! I don't care what anyone else has to say. I went to Dr. Cardin with my last here pregnancies & I am now going to him with my fourth! I Love Dr. Cardin. He's very promising, sweet & means everything he says. His staff are nice & sweet to me all the time & always willing to listen to me & answer any questions I have as well as Dr. Cardin. (: hope this helps, cause Dr. Cardin will really take care of you.

|  MY EXPERIANCE WAS GREAT!  |  show details
by RACHEL. on Jan 10th, 2014

I now have Four Children and all delivered by Dr. Cardin. My Experiance with him was the best. He always took time to answer all my questions and he even remembered me from my other deliveries. All my causins have gone to him because of good experiance we had and he would take the time to ask how are my other kids doing while he performed the ultra sound and made me feel welcome. his staff are a bit rude and make you wait a long time just for vitals. but other than that it was worth the wait.

Sep 25th, 2013

There are long waits but because everybody goes to him. He is experienced and has been in the area for many years. I had two children delivered by him and I have no complaints except the long waits at his clinic.

|  wow  |  show details
by chucky d on Aug 5th, 2013

I can't believe the bad reviews I had him as my doc and yes always long waits but never rude. Every time I went in he did ultrasounds and he was always happy and caring and loving he was the best I had a amazing experience with Dr.John Cardin and all I have to say to him is thank u for all the help and attention.

by Elnaz C. on Jul 17th, 2013

Dr. Cardin is unethical, without any human emotion.

by Marjan L. on Jul 16th, 2013

Wouldn't recommend this doctor. He has zero sensitivity to his patients. He rushes through his patients; as a result, gives a very poor service.

by Michy Castillo on Jun 26th, 2013

Do not go here its a horrible I had a miscarriage and he don't even care he walked out the room never went back to him stay away its not worth the 3 hour stay

|  Longest wait!!  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

Stay away! 3 hour wait for first visit. 1.5 hour wait to 2nd visit and that's with an appointment. Rude staff.

|  Need A Ride To The Hospital  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

My grandson was delivered at Long Beach Memorial Hospital. When it was time for Dr. Cardin to perform the circumcision, the nurses had to call him at his office (acroos the street) and he informed the nurse to ask my daughter if she or her husband could pick him up!!! I couldn't believe it! He said he didn't know where they were in the hospital and if they couldn't pick him up could they walk over to get him. This was totally unprofessional. My belief is this is how he handles his "MEDI-CAL" patients as oppose to his "PAYING" patients. He just lost one guarenteed paid customer. What an idiot.

|  Very Good Doctor (Too many patients)  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2012

-Dr.Cardin delivered my first child and the waiting was long every time I went for an appointment but well worth it he spends the time that you need and you get an ultrasound every time you go.He was late to deliver my son but he was there for the rest.he was very disapointed that he missed the delivery of my son.I am now pregnant with my third and I am back with him.He is a very good doctor I just hate the waiting.

Jan 13th, 2012

We waited for three hours. The place is full of angry people. The staff have no answer why it's taking so long.

|  LOVE THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

THE BEST EVER....

|  Good doctor  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2011

very nice doctor but very long waits. and doesn't spend much time with you.over all i give him a 7/10

|  horrible servive  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2011

this is by far the worst doctor for you and your unborn child. the wait is around 5 hours. the staff are very rude and they do not call you in the order you came. he will rush you out and does not really care about his patients. he only cares about the money. please find a new docotr

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2011

I had a very pleasant time with Dr. Cardin ... was very nurturing to my questions ... made me feel like he cared for me and my baby ... he tends to not forget your case regarless of who you are. He might seem at first distant but if you open up he does too. Nice man. I would recommend him.

Feb 23rd, 2011

find another doc he tries to rush u out

Nov 26th, 2010

loves when he help me deliver my baby AWSOME DOCTOR

|  RIDICULOUS!  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2010

I DECIDED TO GIVE THIS DR A TRY BECAUSE I HEARD HE WAS PRIVATE AND REALLY GOOD AND I LOVED THAT I GOT AN ULTRASOUND EVERY VISIT... THIS IS MY FIRST PREGNANCY AND IF I EVER HAVE ANOTHER I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK. THE WAIT TIME IS RIDICULOUS....1 HOUR JUST TO BE WEIGHED AND ANOTHER TO BE SEEN FOR 5 MINUTES! AND ITS SO CROWDED..THEY GIVE EVERYONE THE SAME APPT TIME..SO ITS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS..I SWITCHED BECAUSE I HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY FIRST DR AND I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO STAY WITH THIS ONE..IM 39 WEEKS AND HE SAYS EVERYTHING I FEEL IS "NORMAL" AND I KNOW IT ISNT..HE HASNT EVEN CHECKED TO SEE IF IM DILATED OR ANYTHING I HATE IT!! SO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS DR.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Cynthia B at Insider Pages on Oct 11th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Took a long time to get in,but super nice Doc and staff.Ultrasound with every visit made it worth the wait

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Not a good choice...  |  show details
by current patient on Apr 21st, 2010

You would never get a specific time for your appoitments! you have to sign in between 12 and 4pm and the come back around between 330 to 7 and wait for your turn! you would always spend 3 to 5 hours... its crazy and the doctor is never available when you need him ??

by J.N.P. on Mar 23rd, 2010

dr. cardin is an amazing person, however he needs to organize his staff and the way he runs his office better because he should not have more 15 pregnant women or more waiting to see him for just 2 minutes. His staff...oh my god! there's only two of them that has their head on straight...the others just talk and talk and talk. they talk so much that i've had to retest my blood and urine and take several other tests over because they didn't record it in my file. Dr. cardin was furious and he scolded them...you can tell he was angry but he needs to know when enough is enough

|  Too many patients  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2009

This doctor sees 30 - 40 patients a day, the wait in his office is always more than 3 hours.