A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Carlson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Carlson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Carlson, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Hot Flashes
- Ovarian Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Carlson graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Carlson has 10 hospital affiliations:
- St. Peter's University Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carlson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 18 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 8 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- University Health Plan - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John A. Carlson practice?
Dr. John Carlson practices Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology near New Brunswick, NJ.
See New Brunswick Obstetricians & Gynecologists.