A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Carper:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Carper is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Carper, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetes Complications
- Hot Flashes
Education & Awards
Dr. Carper graduated from University of California at San Francisco.
Dr. Carper has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus
- Alameda Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carper accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 90 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 12 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Humana - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans