A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Carr:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Carr is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Carr, FCCP, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Lung Cancer
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Carr graduated from Indiana University , Indianapolis.
Dr. Carr has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Hurley Medical Center
- Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Med, Chicago, Il
- Passavant Memorial Area Hospital Association
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carr accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 3 plans
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 20 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John A. Carr practice?
Dr. John Carr practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, and Surgery near Flint, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Flushing, MI.
See Flint Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Flint Orthopedic Surgeons, and Flint Surgeons.