A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Carstensen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Carstensen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Carstensen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Carstensen graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Carstensen has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Iowa Lutheran Hospital
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John A Carstensen MD is a male Internist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine.
- Where does Dr. John A. Carstensen practice?
- Dr. John Carstensen has 1 office location.
Dr. John Carstensen practices Internal Medicine near Des Moines, IA.
See Des Moines Internists.