A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Carstensen is Excellent. Dr. Carstensen has been reviewed by 1 patients who have provided 1 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Carstensen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Carstensen graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.More Education & Awards
Dr. Carstensen has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Allen Hospital
- Lower Keys Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carstensen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 2 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 9 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Carstensen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John A. Carstensen practice?
Dr. John Carstensen practices Internal Medicine near Des Moines, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Key West, FL.
See Des Moines Internists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Deshawn Carstensen, Dr. Evan Carstensen, Dr. Giovanni Carstensen, Dr. Hank Carstensen, Dr. Hans Carstensen, Dr. Ian Carstensen, Dr. Ivan Carstensen, Dr. Jack Carstensen