Dr. John Carter MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 9th, 2016
d
I love this man....he is Informed, caring, practical, and real....

December 29th, 2014
Probably Best in Tampa
I can't say enough positive things about this doctor. He has great bedside manner. He is extremely knowledgeable. He has the confidence to say I don't know which rarely happens. I always recommend him to friends. The downside is that he is so good that it's difficult to get an appointment.

April 24th, 2013
Thorough and Nice
I originally saw Dr. Carter over twelve years ago and started seeing him again about 2 years ago. Recently, I wanted to discuss a possible diagnosis and he said I don't think that fits and I reminded him that he had given me that diagnosis more than 12 years ago so he checked his computer and was surprised that he had given me the diagnosis. And I wanted to ask if he had also done a specific blood test for it which he advised is not a real predictor but again we were both surprised he had ran the blood test which was negative. The gave me a sense of security that he had even in his younger years done a thorough investigation of my symptoms even though the diagnosis was no longer valid. At the time it was probably right and may still prove to be right because most of the illnesses he heals with can and do co-habitat unfortunately. Even when I feel bad he always has a sunny disposition that is contagious making me leave the office happier than when entered even when the prognosis is not good.

October 13th, 2011
Best and most caring doctor I've ever seen
I never feel as though he is being rushed or causing him any imposition like most doctors. He takes his time and treats me like a person, and never talks down to me. He's thorough and does not hesitate to order tests and/or x-rays, etc. I really feel like he cares about me as a patient, and I'm not just a dollar sign. He also has a great sense of humor and never fails to make me laugh, especially when I'm hurting.

June 10th, 2011
DR CARTER'S ARROGANCE STANDS IN HIS WAY
IF DR CARTER SPENT LESS TIME ENTERTAINING HIS UNDERLINGS WITH RUDE AND UNFOUNDED JOKES, COMMENTS, ETC, HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP HIS PATIENTS. I FOUND HIM TO TOTALLY DEMEANING TO ME AS A PATIENT, I PERSONALLY THINK HE SHOULD BE RELIEVED OF HIS POSITION. I UNDERSTAND THEY HAD TO REMODEL HIS DEPARTMENT SO AS TO ALLOWING HIS HEAD THROUGH THE DOORS.

June 8th, 2011
Great Doctor that really cares
I would highly recommend Dr. Carter as a doctor that always puts the patient needs first and does all that he can to find the best treatment for each person and even looks for ways to make it work financially. By helping to find studies that we might be able to fit into. This has helped me and my life is once again some what normal and I'm able to attend family outings again. Thank you so much Dr. Carter

April 6th, 2011
Dr. Carter is, bar none, the best Doctor I have had the pleasure (I did say pleasure) of desling with. He is in such high demand, getting an appointment can be difficult. He is certainly worth the wait.

December 30th, 2010
Excellent doc
Dr. Carter is the best Rheumatologist that I have ever encountered for care of my rather rare illness, and I have seen quite a few over the years. He has my highest recommendation.

January 18th, 2017