Dr. John Cary MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 20th, 2015
Well-rounded is good for athletes looking for sports- med oriented docs
Dr. Cary is a bona fide lifeguard, and at his age, that's pretty cool.

May 21st, 2014
OFFICE STAFF Competency
I have been a patient of Dr. Cary's for 20 to 25 PLUS years, I too found him by accident and have never been happier, sadly Bonnie has retired, but he is wonderful; I never had any problems with the staff, until THIS YEAR, I have seen a serious lack of courtesy AND incompetence from the staff. When I called AGAIN today regarding a blood test I was told it was already faxed and they would not fax it again (but would mail it, however no address was verified), surprisingly 40 minutes later I got a call from the lab that the "order" had just been received (46 hours after I called for it initially)! I was also told by the staff that if I didn't not like their services I should find another doctor. When I asked to speak to Dr. Cary I was told she was going to hang up and she did. I called back and asked Dr. Cary to please call me, so far, 10 hours later NO RETURN call, did they even give him the request to call me back ? There are more instances, but I may run out of space

September 27th, 2012
Fine Doctor, Problematic Staff
Dr. Cary is, quite simply, an excellent internist. He is thorough, knowledgeable and quite easy to talk to. Unfortunately, a member of his staff, Laurina, botched a request, and then, when I later followed up to see if the matter had been corrected, was quite rude and didn't seem to mind showing actual anger with me on the phone, which left me feeling uncomfortable returning to Dr. Cary.

February 3rd, 2011
Accurate in diagnosing
Dr Cary is 10+ I had seen two other Physicians prior to Dr. Cary and they did not pick up on why I was aneamic. After 1 visit with Dr. Cary problem solved. He is thorough and empathetic, spends time explaining condition and refers to a specialist if needed.

December 7th, 2009
I think Dr Cary is a wonderful Dr. He listens, understands and is very helpful. Dr. Cary makes you feel very comfortable.

November 26th, 2008
Dr. Cary is a little hard to get an appointment with because he refuses to double book his appointments which allows him to totake as much time as needed with his patients. He also volunteers his time at a local clinic. He diagnosed me with a condition that most doctors haven't heard of, and spent a full hour and a half with me at the appointment where we discussed my condition and worked on a treatment plan. He is the best.

August 8th, 2008
Good BedSide Manner
He had a good bedside on the first day of my visit as is patient.